Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody think it possible to over scavenge turbos? we set up a drysump pump on my new hemi combo to pull from the heads and the turbos, using one stage per head and one stage per turbo. the pressure section has been removed from the pump and it dumps back into my dry sump tank. the motor uses its own rcd dry sump pump. my thought was to get the oil that gets trapped in the heads back to the tank and maybe not have to carry 5 gallons of oil in the tank. the turbos are mounted just low enough that im worried they wouldn't drain back on there own. the turbos are garret ball bearing 88s.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Absolutely possible. When ran a dry sump, the turbo was tee'd into the front pan stage. I have a pump on my turbo now and it has a 1" breather as not to pull vacuum through the turbo drain.

·
Registered
406 Posts
We use the pump on our Pro Mod car to pull the oil out of the turbos. They are not mounted low, but they are at about 35 degrees. Works just fine

·
Registered
16,756 Posts
does anybody think it possible to over scavenge turbos? we set up a drysump pump on my new hemi combo to pull from the heads and the turbos, using one stage per head and one stage per turbo. the pressure section has been removed from the pump and it dumps back into my dry sump tank. the motor uses its own rcd dry sump pump. my thought was to get the oil that gets trapped in the heads back to the tank and maybe not have to carry 5 gallons of oil in the tank. the turbos are mounted just low enough that im worried they wouldn't drain back on there own. the turbos are garret ball bearing 88s.
Who's pump are you using ? Oil pump pressure ? And with bb turbos it would be hard to suck them dry enough to hurt them you will be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts