Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave or Jim why do have the outlaw classes start so late at 3pm
why not 12 or 1 pm
it seems like everyone races to get there for 9-10am then we have to wait all day for the main show to get started at 3pm,and 3 qualifiers for all of the lower classes, is that needed?
i remember last yrear you have tried 1pm start, did that not work out?

getting finals done by late in the night makes a rough drive home for some as some teams are 2-3 hrs away,

do not take this as a dig in anyway....just curious

Cecil puts on a great show and always a killer track prep!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Don't forget we finished at 9:30 last month. We also think that if you start the "pro" classes earlier that would not be appealing to the spectators. If it was'nt for the oil downs and wrecks we could have finished around the same time as last month. Dave and I talked yesterday and we are going to change the schedule a little to try to eliminate the late completion but if we continue to get the oil and wrecks like we did this past Saturday then nothing will help. When we decided to go to three qualifying runs we were right on schedule with the April race. Remember with the higher payouts this race is built around spectators and sponsors so we need to put on a good show for them to see and not make them watch us clean up oil all night. I am not blaming anyone or taking a shot at anyone but we need to make sure we clean up our act next month or we may be forced into penalizing repeat offenders. I know it is a tough ride home for everyone and will make changes as we feel we need to. Thanks for your input.

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
even though it finished late i have no issue with format. i travel from NY and its a haul it's nice to leave around 9am and get there eat lunch, watch some racing and then hit the lanes. as it gets hotter it will be easier to want to show up later in the day. maybe running the index and bracket rounds starting them alittle earlier would help. either way it was a drag coming home at 3:30am but better then sitting in traffic

Rich Bach

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
is it possible to do reserved parking like the sunday bracket programs have on the spectator side??

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
it would be nice to atleast group the classes together.

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
Could you put somebody down at the big end to give us cold refreshments after a pass? Or maybe an umbrella? Somebody to pack chutes would be nice too.
Thank you for your consideration
i agree!

·
Registered
505 Posts
First I would like to say we enjoy racing at Cecil, diving to the track 4 hours seems like a breeze. We were at the track 11am, and the track was full, Awesome. But getting home makes us think twice about coming again. (Not saying we are not coming). It’s just very difficult driving home late at knight. We lost first round 10.5 and packed up fast and left the track 10pm, just as 2nd round was staring, got home 2:30 am. Using 4 lanes on a 3 lane highway… :rolleyes:

We would appreciate it very much if we could start earlier…:p

·
Team CoRuPt
1,810 Posts

·
Team CoRuPt
1,810 Posts
I love Cecil. Starting a little earlier would be nicer. Or at least have 1 test pass for the "pro" classes for those that want it in there at some point. Refreshments at the end would make this event the best event I've ever been to! Thanks for giving us a great place to race Halsey. See you in a month. Some tea or water will be great.

If you can have someone down there with a cooler I will further sponsor the 275 class with 8 oz cold Poland Springs bottled water at the end of the track for the class. Not sure if there would be any safety issue or anything, but if it isn't I'm down.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
First I would like to say we enjoy racing at Cecil, diving to the track 4 hours seems like a breeze. We were at the track 11am, and the track was full, Awesome. But getting home makes us think twice about coming again. (Not saying we are not coming). It’s just very difficult driving home late at knight. We lost first round 10.5 and packed up fast and left the track 10pm, just as 2nd round was staring, got home 2:30 am. Using 4 lanes on a 3 lane highway… :rolleyes:

We would appreciate it very much if we could start earlier…:p
what are you like 75 ! lol i know wayne has to be in by 10 but come on its saturday nite comfort in 77$ just busten andy

·
MoPar what else is there.
7,918 Posts
i'll agree with some of you's,after shooting video all day then leaving a little after 12am the drive on rt 10 to pottstown is boring and loaded with deer (almost bgot 4 doe and 2 bucks) didn't get home till 3am loaded some pics and video,talked with some of the racers then what do you know the sun was comming up..........I'll be glad to stand at the bottom and hand out BEERS!!!j/k
Don't matter what time it starts really im hooked on that event live 20 minutes from maple grove cecil is 1 1/2 hr drive been to cecil 200+ times in 10 yrs m, grove 7

1 - 20 of 100 Posts