Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chassis Engineering has come out with what they call "Outlaw Bars". And by looking at them, I want to built a set.

My question is this: With not reinforcement between the upper and lower bars, is it still safe to make these out of mild steel?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Could make the lower bar out of 1 1/4 to be safe without adding much weight. That's the one that would bend if at all.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Is there a specific reason why you would want to?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why do you want the the 2 piece ladder bar.
I want to replace the non-adjustable ladder bars on the truck for next year. I don't need the weld-on brackets and nobody states the bolt spacing at the diff. Am I correct in assuming that not all the manufacturers use the same "bolt pattern"? With these bars, I can spread them out or in to fit my existing brackets.

·
T/S 368E
33,632 Posts

Agree with go bigger & thicker wall on bottom bar. On my 4 link car, the bottoms had to be upgraded due to damage from power level.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
It would be cheaper to convert your non adjustable to an adjustable ladder bar.

My only concern with that type of bar is that preload adjustments are made with the upper bar. using a set of standard ladder bar brackets and an upper adjuster will make much larger changes to the wheel base as you make adjustments , than if you are adjusting the preload from the lower bar.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Speaking of wheelbase... My truck has a 118" w.b... I wonder if I should go from the 32" bars to the 36" bars?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts