Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Effective immediately the following rule revisions will be in place in an effort to bring parity to the class and to maintain a competitive class for fans to enjoy:

1. "C" rotor screw blowers maximum overdrive 88% and maximum engine size 530ci.

2. "D" rotor screw blowers maximum overdrive 125% and maximum engine size 530ci.

3.All BB nitrous cars minimum weight 5.00 inch bore and under 2700lbs. 5.20 and bigger 2800lbs.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The only problem i have with the rule change is Why wait untill after the first race is over. Chuck went 4.18 2 seasons ago and now everyone is suprised that he dominates. i think if the rules were going to be changed, it should have been done before the season started. i agree something needed to be done but is it fair to make racers change their program after the season starts.The writing was on the wall long ago. At least he just needs to buy some pulleys and not a blower. Oh and why were the nos rules changed after 1 race? Did i miss something?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yeah I don't understand the nitrous rule change?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
oh and if you are going to allow 2 90mm throttlebodies how can you limit single throttlebodies to 105:confused:. this is what is wrong with Outlaw racing. You cant have enough rules to make everybody happy or competitive. There will always be someone that is in a league of their own

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i guess the rule change to punish you for changing drivers;)
It doent take a fucking rocket scientist to figure out why the NOS rules changed.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
so whos goin to be checkin d or c rotor?also will we all be pumped at the next race?i think we all need to have the injectors off to be checked at the next race an maybe some sort of sticker put on the blower very easy to switch back an forth d to a c rotor being there is no way to tell visually.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only problem i have with the rule change is Why wait untill after the first race is over. Chuck went 4.18 2 seasons ago and now everyone is suprised that he dominates. i think if the rules were going to be changed, it should have been done before the season started. i agree something needed to be done but is it fair to make racers change their program after the season starts.The writing was on the wall long ago. At least he just needs to buy some pulleys and not a blower. Oh and why were the nos rules changed after 1 race? Did i miss something?
We felt that we needed to see the current performance of all the combinations and make adjustments accordingly.

·
Registered
826 Posts

Agree 100% Joe. I could see if Chuck went 4.00's, but he went 4.20 flat last year at Cecil and now its like Shock and Awe that he went 4.20! Wow we had no idea that would happen. Somebody's doin a whole lotta :smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089:smt089 around here and I think we all know who it is!

I've been anxiously awaiting the monthly race of the "Fastest 10.5 cars on the East Coast" all winter, but now I'm gonna have to pass on watching "Cars that were previously known as the Fastest 10.5 cars on the East Coast tuned down to keep the Bitchin at bay". How the hell are you gonna fit that on the flyer. :-gay:-gay

Damnit, now I have to change my sig again!

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
A level playing field makes racers wanna race,
A 4.20 and a 4.38 are not on the same level.
And I am sure Gooo has some more up his sleeve, he did run that # last year.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
im not taking caldwells side (trust me) but i am confussed about the nitrous rule.

Why would a 706 or a 737 show up and try to compete with an 830ish CI or an 870ci motor at the same wieght?
We all know the mobley's 870's are floating around (1 in the red 67 1 in a new cobalt) and even Jim has sold his motor to a 10.5 guy.
Caldwell makes a valid point, he didnt do it the right way, and he thinks the whole worlds out to get him, but valid point none the less.
I mean theres a weight break from 94mm's to 91's.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
i dont care what kinda breaks u give the nitrous cars they wont be as fast , but if u look at the last race they were right in the middle of the pack and still competitive, ulsch will not run away with every race, both kasper cars will be able to run in the high 20s so will newsham, doug harris will run in the 30s along with scotty g and micheal martin and a few other guys i dont see where the problem lies

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm on the fence on this one but i have to say, when Gil's car first came out and was having all kinds of issues getting down nobody said a word. It took him and team a year to figure it out (with a top team!!!). My point here is maybe people should start doing there homework and test there cars to get them right instead of complaining about rules. At this level it doesn't come over night.

·
Registered
810 Posts
im not taking caldwells side (trust me) but i am confussed about the nitrous rule.

Why would a 706 or a 737 show up and try to compete with an 830ish CI or an 870ci motor at the same wieght?
We all know the mobley's 870's are floating around (1 in the red 67 1 in a new cobalt) and even Jim has sold his motor to a 10.5 guy.
Caldwell makes a valid point, he didnt do it the right way, and he thinks the whole worlds out to get him, but valid point none the less.
I mean theres a weight break from 94mm's to 91's.
^^^^^^^^
There isn't a weight break from 91 to 94 turbo's.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.