Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I did look at the DRCE stuff. It's actually not badly priced used. I also came across the CFE 600 SBC engine kit. It's interesting. Anyone have experience w/ these?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I run DRCE stuff makes good power ran it in 500 inch form then 565 inch HP didnt change just torque went up now just built a 700 inch with DRCE heads see how it goes soon
Out of curiosity, who’s DRCE heads did you have and what kind of power did it make in 500/565 form?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 500/565 is a DRCE1 motor with EPD heads makes 1275hp the new 700 incher has DRCE1 heads I was told Nick Ferri did them but when talked to him he says he didn't. So no clue who did them but they are nice. Didn't dyno this one stuck in car hasn't gone very well so far broke trans 1st full pull and it locked up tapped wall.

Attachments

·
Wild Addiction
2,294 Posts
IMO build a SB/BB with a procharger, turbo motors have long legs and it will take a "really" good SB or BB NA to keep up them, my own motor is a killer big CI SBC N/A and you wont build one for 50K, or you could call Sunny's and get his 1005CI NA pump gas that makes 2000+hp.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
What type of transmission? A 4 spd lenco or similar would be cool, like a street prostock build. Low drivetrain losses, more power to ground. Vs say a th400. 1400-1450 flywheel would get you close to 1200 whp i suppose with an automatic, based on experience with my turbo sbc. Thats alot of power for a NA motor.

E85 would make this possible imo, def handles cyl pressure well

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Find a 4.900 aluminum block (donavan?) or billet since we are throwing money out the window
older set of DRCE 4.900 PS heads
Valvetrain stability to 10000 + is not an issue, its all out there to be had
Winberg Billet crank
Id build it probably a 582 if you want to stay short deck.
shit a 20* 582 can make 1300 ish if you really get stupid with it
I gotta believe another 75+ cfm of air will more than make up for compression...lol
My 500" shit made right around 1500. The 80 cid will more than offset the compression loss.
With the right intake lobe i think you can get reasonable life from springs at 10000+ rpm.
Since we are pipe dreaming here, this would be my path
THIS,

In a no limits or weight adder for heads, the DRCE heads will win hands down.

T/S wanted to stay short deck, so 588 or so limit. 588 HAS already been 1330+ and that was Alex's old set-up! What the new set-up or SR20 heads do let alone a set of GOOD P/S take offs? Pump gas part is tough though...

Guys like Bob and Chris DO these kind of builds, sorta of. 4.900 DRCE big inch would be the plan to go. RPM the bitch and hand on. Find a good USED old 4.9 Pro stock deal (maybe Bob even has one or try Freeman as he always has stuff laying around).

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
What type of transmission? A 4 spd lenco or similar would be cool, like a street prostock build. Low drivetrain losses, more power to ground. Vs say a th400. 1400-1450 flywheel would get you close to 1200 whp i suppose with an automatic, based on experience with my turbo sbc. Thats alot of power for a NA motor.

E85 would make this possible imo, def handles cyl pressure well
Not sure that's the right frame-of-mind thinking with Lenco? I have both Lenco CS1 4 sp and Liberty Extreme 4sp. I know my CS1 takes alot more effort and HP to turn then my Liberty Extreme and is much heavier then the Liberty as well. Lenco will live on a street car much better than the Liberty.

Other then strength and cool-factor going the the Lenco, I think a good big name T400 style trans would be just as efficient, maybe 2 sp T400.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Not sure that's the right frame-of-mind thinking with Lenco? I have both Lenco CS1 4 sp and Liberty Extreme 4sp. I know my CS1 takes alot more effort and HP to turn then my Liberty Extreme and is much heavier then the Liberty as well. Lenco will live on a street car much better than the Liberty.

Other then strength and cool-factor going the the Lenco, I think a good big name T400 style trans would be just as efficient, maybe 2 sp T400.
I wasnt sure just figured torque converter auto trans would have more hp loss. And a manual shifting type trans, if they could hold in gear, would be better for a roll racer. I mean you can do it in a th400 but not sure its recommended. A built clutched T56 magnum deal may be even better. With a faceplated deal. Idk

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
“This would be in a 'street car', small tire/DR, mostly roll races”
Was thinking about this. MAYBE going big inch isn't the best way for a "traction-limited street and roll-racer"? Maybe just a good used 500" deal that accelerates and not AS torquay is the way to hook and book on the street. Kill some bottom end and let it scream in the upper RPM range. Maybe and ex-Pro stock stroked to 537 and with a pump gas friendly piston/cam is better..

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you are doing higher speed rolls you shouldnt have to much issue getting to hook. Need good rubber ofcourse, but aero can play a role here keeping car down and planted. A proper wing and aero management helps

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I def agree w/ building a mountain motor is not the best idea for this. Basic combo needs to be a big bore, moderate stroke rpm machine that has a fairly wide powerband. Trans wise, I would love to run a T56, but that is another deep conversation into what is best. Going to figure out the motor first and then see what is best behind it.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts