Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you are considering a Cleveland platform Meyers block can get you up to 480 cubes I believe and some nice heads available like Higgins could get you to 1000 hp maybe but not likely with pump fuel. Has aluminium and working on cast blocks now

·
35,245 Posts
Your first consideration for competing against power adders is the requirement for RPM. 8000 rpm is not competitive RPM. If we're theoretical, regardless of CID..... you need to be targeting 9000 rpm for a BB. 10,000 rpm for a SB.... regardless of CID.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Find a 4.900 aluminum block (donavan?) or billet since we are throwing money out the window
older set of DRCE 4.900 PS heads
Valvetrain stability to 10000 + is not an issue, its all out there to be had
Winberg Billet crank
Id build it probably a 582 if you want to stay short deck.
shit a 20* 582 can make 1300 ish if you really get stupid with it
I gotta believe another 75+ cfm of air will more than make up for compression...lol
My 500" shit made right around 1500. The 80 cid will more than offset the compression loss.
With the right intake lobe i think you can get reasonable life from springs at 10000+ rpm.
Since we are pipe dreaming here, this would be my path

·
35,245 Posts
^^ I like that... While we're at it I'd rather keep the Hemi PSTK heads on it. Since we're billet block we can put the pushrods wherever we want them to be :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
^^ I like that... While we're at it I'd rather keep the Hemi PSTK heads on it. Since we're billet block we can put the pushrods wherever we want them to be :)
The issue with the hemi is the swirl, or lack there of. Which IMO is what killed it with sr18. So IDK how it would respond to pump gas. And those castings limit rotation of the inlet valve. The hemi has better valvetrain IMO, but they struggled with fuel. Id like to give both a shot and see though.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thats ironic, a credit card application spam that talks about 3% cash back oven on gas in the middle of this thread....lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
Is the high rpm required to make the power, for a longer power curve, to get more mph with same gear or something else?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Lots of great responses and build ideas, thanks to all! It's interesting, Chris brings up a lot more rpm vs what I expected. Is the rpm you recommend for the wheel speed or just to make the power?

·
Registered
14,576 Posts
Displacement is going to be your friend, as long as it's in a reasonable configuration without some stupid 1.3 rod ratio. IMO if you get a wide bore space tall deck and can build 800+", you won't need 9000rpm. You will, however, need to rob a bank.

·
Registered
14,576 Posts
other than the billet block, its not really a pipe dream for me, I have most of it in my shop at my disposal........lol
I know where there's a bunch of Mopar Pro Stock stuff piled up ready to go to the scrap yard. You probably do too. Right down the road in Greeneville TN. ;)

·
Registered
14,576 Posts
He said he wants to roll race on the street, wouldn’t the added stroke/torque be detrimental to getting the back tires to stick?
Power is power. He wants to be able to compete with the blower guys, he's gonna have to be able to make it stick.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think the rpm is more important than the torque, just for the mph gained. I had figured 8k for sure, 9k is a different ball of wax. I have to rob a trust fund, not a 7-11, lol.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts