Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this possible?

friend of mine was saying if you leave a motor on an engine stand for a very long time the cylinders can get "out of round" and can cause issues long term for the motor..

is this true and if so how long is too long on an engine stand?

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
A drunk guy told me one time if you stand a crank up against a wall ' it would warp...:smt102

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
is this possible?

friend of mine was saying if you leave a motor on an engine stand for a very long time the cylinders can get "out of round" and can cause issues long term for the motor..

is this true and if so how long is too long on an engine stand
REALLY
so if an engine sits in a car to long the cylinders will go out of round..

I will take 10lbs of what your buddy is smoking

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
If a power source gets weak on a laser light, it will fall towards the ground.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
ive heard the bob glidden comments before. didnt he build his motors on the ground because he didnt want all the weight of the engine hanging off the 4 engine stand bolts.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I put all my motors on a stand and support them in the front also...... Only seems wise to me.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Crankshafts will bend if you allow them to lay up against a wall or on the counter weights. Factory LS cranks are notorious for this..

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
unless you are making something in the area of 2.1 hp/ci...IT is not an issue..

also, some of the engines as indicated in example were WAY over bored with sleeves installed...

·
Registered
735 Posts
had a motor on the stand for 12years yea I know but walked away to raise a family just had motor freshened cyl. were way out of round so there is some truth to it motor was 50 passes old when I removed it from car

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
guess i better go pull my build off the stand

yea me too. been on a stand for about a year. i'm just gonna put it up on the worbench upside down on the lifter valley for a while. paid to much money to just go and fuck it up by letting it sit....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Built 2 boat motors sat for 2 years on stands. Dynoed last month and had less than 5 percent leakage on each after 30 pulls

1 - 20 of 31 Posts