shipping $16.99,

I ship small items everyday , in a padded envelope, for UNDER
$5.

good bye rock auto.

there are others who are NOT SO GREEDY!

·
Vendor
71 Posts
If you prefer a less expensive, slower shipping method, simply select one at checkout. Thanks.
door handle, for G body (GM) $4.50
clips to fasten to rod $.75

shipping $16.99,

$5.

good bye rock auto.

·
Busy being a cunt
28,127 Posts
I wish I could ship anything for $16.99 :(

Thanks Rockauto for being one of the US companies I buy from with reasonable shipping rates :D

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I have never had an issue with shipping at rockauto. usually when I buy multiple items it even groups them together in one shipment. Seems reasonable every time i used them.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
yes and when I received a wrong part they had a return label to me quickly. Then as soon as it showed I dropped it off they shipped the new one.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
door handle, for G body (GM) $4.50
clips to fasten to rod $.75

shipping $16.99,

$5.

good bye rock auto.

and if you would of went and pick it up at the dealer to save shipping...
door handle 45.00
clip 16.50

so look at your savings

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Shipping costs is how they make their money.
Hello,
This information is actually incorrect. RockAuto does not profit on shipping costs, rather, we charge the customer exactly what the carriers charge us to ship your package. Of course, shipping is never free, as the carriers must be paid for their work. Instead of marking up our part prices to include the cost of shipping, we think it makes more sense to show the customer exactly what it costs to ship their package, and let them determine which shipping method they prefer. We hope our explanation and our help page clear up this invalid remark, as to not mislead other customers: http://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=3&qsearch=how much does shipp#SHIPPINGCOST. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Price is good and shipping is decent. They even give a forum discount. Do I buy every part there no, do I buy I a good amount from them? Yea especially when it comes to stock oem replacement type stuff and I also try to buy items shipped from the same location and when I buy stuff from there I usually try to package items together to help in shipping.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just looked at 4 pair of wiper blades,
all Trico, and each one from a different warehouse ( according to rockauto)
come on, who you trying to kid? 4 warehouses???? bullshit!
price of blades was $40, and shipping was close to $20.

and... looking at "carid" blades are same price,($40) and shipping is........
......$8.00
so rockauto, looks like you must be adding a few $$ on shipping,
or as OP said,,,, GREEDY.

I did look at the shipping options, they(rockauto) offer
and one set of blades was $9.99 to ship!
yet CARID, can ship all the blades for $8...

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Ive bought a bunch of parts from them----if their price with shipping is same or cheaper than Ebay...ill use rockauto .

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Some day when you need a part the same day, you go up town and see the NAPA, O' Reily, Advance Auto Parts, and Auto Zone are all out of business, you may regret it?

·
NITROUS OUTLET FTW
5,792 Posts
Same day pickup online buying. I get the parts cheaper than using my buddies business account. We I washould running the mobile equipment shop at work I started checking online and comparing . I asked why a place that buys 10s of thousands of dollars of parts being charged more that what we can buy online as a nobody? Picking changed in a hurry. I buy from the stores if the price is reasonable. I order from Rock if I can wait.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Some day when you need a part the same day, you go up town and see the NAPA, O' Reily, Advance Auto Parts, and Auto Zone are all out of business, you may regret it?
Funny you should mention that....was just a one of those yesterday and the douche behind the counter couldn’t be bothered to say one single word when I checked out..

Such great service....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts