Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL THREAD

What were your favorites?

There’s an old comedian’s routine which joked that mankind would likely still be hunting mastodons with sharp sticks if man’s drive for impressing the fairer sex didn’t motivate him to “one-up” the guy standing next to him; and we’re akin to believe it. It’s not hard to imagine the Roman Legionnaire with the fastest chariot didn’t ride off into the sunset with his fair share of handmaidens. Alas, how the times have changed over the years. While we’re not bemoaning Woman’s Suffrage or the Woman’s Liberation Movement of the mid-to-late 1970’s, we do long for the days when flight attendants were called stewardess.

Although the National Hot Rod Association dates back to the mid-20th Century, it’s arguable that it’s Golden Era was during the mid-1960’s through the early 1970s, exactly the same period as the Big Three fought for street and strip dominance. Big money was being thrown around during these tentative years and it only made sense that with all of the fanfare and publicity some of that money would go into some added showmanship. Sponsors, manufacturers and even promoters were quick to enroll “trophy girls” and other so-called “Cheesecake” to “brighten up” the pits.

Ms. Hurst Golden Shifter, Linda Vaughn

·
Bracket racer
5,186 Posts
Need to bring that back to the track. Would love to see NHRA coverage if all the teams hired some half naked chick to back them up after a burnout.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
There were only two. Linda Vaugh and Jungle Pam. Joe Amatos ole lady had a killer body at one time. I think a P/S racer from back then was seeing more of it than Joe......lol

·
Bracket racer
5,186 Posts
Tell Greg Andersons wife to get out there and back him into his tracks. lol

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Joe Amatos ole lady had a killer body at one time. I think a P/S racer from back then was seeing more of it than Joe......lol
Ha ha, yeah, I think you are correct ! Jere had a helluva good shape to her ! He saw a lot of that !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts