Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
YB Managing Editor
50,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SpaceX and NASA are now targeting 7:34 p.m. EDT on Saturday, August 1 for Crew Dragon to autonomously undock from the Space Station, with the two astronauts aboard the spacecraft, and return to Earth.

Approximately 19 hours later, after jettisoning its trunk and re-entering Earth’s atmosphere, Dragon will splash down in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida at 2:41 p.m. EDT on Sunday, August 2.

·
A Fine Example For Others
39,880 Posts
People are interested in space around here? ;)
A couple of things I found interesting about that live feed was looking at the two rather young but, intelligent couple who are providing play by play commentary. What also was interesting is some of the seat beats restraints actually buckle up too the space suit.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read they have 3 days worth of food and snacks on board the re-entry vehicle. So if there's bad weather they could stay in orbit until it clears.

·
A Fine Example For Others
39,880 Posts
I read they have 3 days worth of food and snacks on board the re-entry vehicle. So if there's bad weather they could stay in orbit until it clears.
Doesn't seem like enough food. I would have thought at least 7 days worth of re-entry food. One thing that just blows me away is the orbiting craft can be remotely controlled from earth. Obviously with the assistance of satellites but still, that's one hell of a remote communication system.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Only have oxygen for 48 hours, they will be dead in 3 days, according to the news feed that I watched..

·
Senior Moment
6,859 Posts
...i'll bet they aren't coming back because of the "Visitors Info" we have here

·
YB Managing Editor
50,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only have oxygen for 48 hours, they will be dead in 3 days, according to the news feed that I watched..
On SpaceX's site they say they have food, oxygen and water to last 3 days.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
They have almost perfect weather for landing off Pensacola.

1 foot seas, 3-8 knots of wind. Nice day for a splashdown.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go Navigator is off Pensacola and is the recovery ship.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CG Gannet about 5 miles from the Navigator shooing the pleasure craft out of the exclusion zone.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
On SpaceX's site they say they have food, oxygen and water to last 3 days.
Reread what I posted, then maybe you will understand what I posted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts