·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Never a good thing. Hope it wasn't contagious to other moving parts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I was going to slap a spring on it and race this weekend in Houston. Not with that nicked valve stem. Rick is going to get me some PSI springs for it. Only thing I'm concerned with are my lifters. I'll run the heads to him this week. Then make a decision on the lifters. I may just save these for spares and get a new set. It coulda been worse.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Yes sir, good catch sure could of been a lot bigger problem.

What is going on with the hotrod tucked away in the corner of the shop?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Az the Hot Rod is a 70 Maverick. It belongs to my friend Ken. We were calling it a Not Rod yesterday. It's been collecting dust sitting with no motor for 8 or 9 years.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I thought I was going to slap a spring on it and race this weekend in Houston. Not with that nicked valve stem. Rick is going to get me some PSI springs for it. Only thing I'm concerned with are my lifters. I'll run the heads to him this week. Then make a decision on the lifters. I may just save these for spares and get a new set. It coulda been worse.
Yes, could have been worse. Dropped valves are not good.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's right Beau ! Been there done that. I got it torn down today. It looks like three broken Intake springs, maybe four. Going to see Rick in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts