Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into an arfument with a buddy last night about race fuels. Granted i don't know much about race fuel, and i buy VP as it is local to me.

My buddy was boasting about Renegade fuels and how they are amazing blah blah blah. Anywasy he went on to tell me that they make their own fuel, and from what i have read out there, i believe that VP and Sonoco are the only two race fuel manufacturers that actually make their own fuels, the rest just rebadge their stuff or die it a different colour.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't looked too deep into this, but i have never heard of Renegade race fuels until last night.

Adrian

·
Registered
33,118 Posts
Huh? Well then, …..what ? …… exactly…??

Chevron Phillips owns refineries and Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. but they don’t? They actually refine the fuel they sell. They don’t buy it from someone else.

The OP asked about companies that actually refine their own products. My point was Chevron Phillips refines the blendstocks for their own racing fuels and, if it pleases you, you can guess how many others. :smt102

You can print up some labels, “juiced coupe 78 octane racing fuel – LLC and market your own brand. :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I got into an arfument with a buddy last night about race fuels. Granted i don't know much about race fuel, and i buy VP as it is local to me.

My buddy was boasting about Renegade fuels and how they are amazing blah blah blah. Anywasy he went on to tell me that they make their own fuel, and from what i have read out there, i believe that VP and Sonoco are the only two race fuel manufacturers that actually make their own fuels, the rest just rebadge their stuff or die it a different colour.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't looked too deep into this, but i have never heard of Renegade race fuels until last night.

You and your buddy should be able to find much more important things to argue over . But as long as you bring this up , let's cover some of your concerns . First , EVERY race fuel manufacturer buys from other sources . Some buy base fuel and then blend in their own secret combination of chemicals and compounds . Some refine their own fuels and buy the chemicals and compounds that they add . Some have fuels custom blended to their specs , some have other companies produce fuel for them and just add their label . Two of the biggest names in the business do the latter .
So yes , Renegade makes their own race fuel . As for never hearing of Renegade before , go to the web site renegadepro1.com and read the history of the company .
Your buddy is correct about Renegade , they make amazing fuels.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
By the way , a lot of race fuel companies have their own refineries . And a number of race fuel companies own more than one brand . Renegade for example owns Monster Race Fuels as well .
The secret to getting your monies worth when buying race fuel is to look beyond the hype , beyond the shills , beyond the constant drumbeat of advertising and race/race team/racedriver sponsorship . Instead , compare specs for the octane you need and then check price . It's as simple as that . When you do , you'll find that there are a lot more than one or two race fuel companies that make winning fuels .

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Huh? Well then, …..what ? …… exactly…??

Chevron Phillips owns refineries and Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. but they don’t?
Chevron and Phillips are different companys. They own the refineries. CP Chem is a joint venture between the two. They do have individual plants within the refineries (I work at one!). Their feed stocks are either bought from the refinery or on the open market.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts