Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking to myself, what the hell happened to all the Stock Suspension cars that should have attended the race at Byron??? I had guys calling me saying that they were coming and no shows. We have guys in the area that have been saying that they are looking foward to "turning them loose", no shows. I know that Buckley broke his car Saturday, and he even came to tune Taters on Sunday, but what are the rest of the excuses. Please help me make sense of this. There is a race for a guaranteed 3k at a local track and most dont show. The runner up was originally scheduled to get what the winner gets in a true street race, and most don't show. Are these guys just scared??? Who knows. All I know is that I really don't care that they did not show, I'm just interested in the excuses that are going to fly. The guys who came were outstanding, put on a great show for the fans, and really appreciated what we were doing for them. If others could not appreciate it as well, then oh well. I know there is a pretty happy guy out there with $3,000 in his pocket today. And there will be more of the same next year, if local guys choose to turn a blind eye to a local race, then we will continue to welcome the serious racers who travel from far away to run a real big dollar race. Again Kevin, Taters, Pete, Bob, and Mike, thanks for supporting this local effort and that just gives you guys more chance to get the dough. See ya next year.:supz:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I always wanted to race up there once but I'm down right now fixing some damage to my motor. Otherwise I may have shown up.

I just got the block back Friday night from being welded and pulled the pan to find the thrust bearing was destroyed. Ordered new bearings tonight.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Did Razor weld it?
Razor did a great job!! I'm going to post about it with "after" pictures as soon as I take some pictures. I just redrilled and tapped it Sunday. Thanks to you and Tim's for the advice. He's a real good guy.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always wanted to race up there once but I'm down right now fixing some damage to my motor. Otherwise I may have shown up.

I just got the block back Friday night from being welded and pulled the pan to find the thrust bearing was destroyed. Ordered new bearings tonight.
Sorry to see you damaged your bullet. Hope you get it back going soon. If your on a stock suspension we would love to see you come up next year. As you can see we are not like some promoters who flake on so called guaranteed payouts. Our race is run the right way, with driver input and common sense.

·
Registered
288 Posts
5 kids and bills and we got home at 4:30 am from the grove maybe next time sorry to disapoint you
STEVEN

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
5 kids and bills and we got home at 4:30 am from the grove maybe next time sorry to disapoint you
STEVEN
I heard a lot of stuff was going on and you were not happy.
5 kids!!! Damn. slow it down steve :p I'm a lil disappointed because I really started this stuff up to be our(midwest) showcase, and the local guys are not showing like we should. But your still a good guy in my book, and you better be there next year.:p

·
Registered
288 Posts
Happy to be racing sad we did not finsh but like they say thats racing:confused:;););););)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts