Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Morrell Booster
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they might axe this class if they don't get more participation. If anyone is interested in running this class I would suggest you go to www.raceosca.com and help them out. Looks like there is about a week before the new rules and classes are announced.
They are looking for input to make this class work so if you have a car that could fit the rules and are interested in racing in Canada then go to the site and offer some information or help. Here is the 2005 rules that are currently posted. I believe the class times ranged in the mid nine second zone.

Thanks
Shawn Morrell

2005 OSCA Rules and regulations

STREET ELIMINATOR

Naturally aspirated class. No power adders permitted.

Body and chassis:
-Lexan/plexiglass window replacements permitted but must appear stock. No visible bracing, screws, rivets, etc. permitted.
-Functioning lights required.
-Full interior required (i.e. must have upholstered door panels, dash, carpet, 2 front seats)
-Sponsor lettering restricted to vehicle glass only.
-Light weight body panels allowed
-Stock style suspension required front and rear. Bolt in replacement components and traction devices allowed.
-Ladder bars permitted with 50# weight adder (must retain stock rear frame, mini tubs OK)
-Stock fire wall and location required.
-No forward facing hood scoops unless OEM equipped.
-Any aftermarket or fabricated ram-air unit is allowed, but it must not be visible from the exterior.
-No rear wing or front spoiler unless OEM equipped.
-No wheelie bars
-No dry sump oiling systems

Exhaust:
-Mufflers required. Must be commercially available units, no home built mufflers. No gutting of mufflers permitted. No inserts style mufflers
-Must exit beyond leading edge of driver’s seat.
No max pipe diameter

Induction:
-Cast aluminum non tunnel ram intakes only. No carbon fiber/sheet metal intakes. Fuel injected entries may use
fabricated sheet metal upper intake with cast aluminum lower intake.
-Single carb or throttle body only with 2" maximum spacer.
-Dominator carbs permitted with 50# weight adder

Small block cylinder heads:
-Non OEM canted valve heads add 100# (i.e. Chevrolet SB2/Ford Yates)

Big Block cylinder heads:*
-Big block entries restricted to the following cylinder heads:

Big Block Ford
-Ford Factory OEM Iron & OEM Aluminum (2 bbl. & 4 bbl.)
-Ford 429/460 Aftermarket Cobra Jet Cylinder Heads
-Blue Thunder 460
-Edelbrock Performer RPM 460
-Edelbrock Performer RPM 460 CJ

Chevrolet Big Block
-Chevrolet Factory OEM Iron & OEM Aluminum
-Brodix BB-1, BB-1 OEF1, BB-2, BB-2X, BB-2 Extra, BB-2 Plus, BB-3
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. Oval Port
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. Rect Port
-Edelbrock Performer 454-O
-Edelbrock Performer 454-R
-Dart Pro 1, 320, 360
-Canfield Big Block Chevy 24.5-800, 24.5-900
-GMPP Signature Series BB Heads #12363400,12363390

Chrysler Big Block
-Chrysler Factory OEM Iron & OEM Aluminum (non Hemi style).
-Brodix B1-BS (Not B1)
-Edelbrock Performer RPM 440
-Indy 440-1, SR

Oldsmobile
-Olds Factory OEM Iron & OEM Aluminum
-Edelbrock Performer RPM Big Block

Pontiac
-Pontiac Factory OEM Iron & OEM Aluminum
-Edelbrock Performer RPM Big Block
-Wenzler Series II (Not Super Chief)

Buick
-Buick Factory OEM Iron & OEM Aluminum
-TA Performance Stage 1,2,3,4

*Please note that some cylinder heads not found on list may be subject to exemption. Prior written consent must be
granted by the OSCA and heads may be subject to weight penalty.

Tires:
-Maximum rear tire size 12.5" x 30" DOT. Any size drag radial permitted.
-30x10.5" slick (non W) permitted
-All tire sizes are as designated on sidewall

Transmission
-OEM style automatic trans
-No clutch less transmissions
-No forward facing hood scoops.
-No rear wing or front spoiler unless OEM equipped.
-No wheelie bars

Base weight:
-2900# minimum base weight+3# per ci above 300ci
-Maximum 510ci

Weight adders:
-See small block cylinder heads
-50# weight adder for manual transmission
-Dominator carbs permitted with 50# weight adder
-Ladder bars permitted with 50# weight adder (must retain stock rear frame, mini tubs OK)

Weight breaks:
-50# weight break for H-pattern manual shifter
-50# weight break for DOT tire
-50# OEM auto trans with no lock up
-50# weight break for drag radials
-100# weight break for stock angle heads (i.e. chevrolet 23 degree, ford 20 degree)

Fuel:
-Gasoline only

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are building a race car and you are unclear about rules concerning your class, please contact us.
The OSCA reserves the right to impose penalties for rule infractions and on items which do not represent the intent of the class entered.
Rules subject to change witout notice. If in doubt as to rule interpretation please contact us for final ruling.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Shawn, think that after all these tries, this one just going to die a silent death. There are just a few who have the know/funds to do this and others just can't compete for whatever reasons. Just have them slap the spray on those N/A motors and run T/S. Or index. Sorry to see it go, but it's time has come. John :(

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I know you are. Glad to see racers helping "other" in different classes. BTW can't you run S/E as you don't run a power adder, LOL. Are you up for the 7.50 index? Spoke to Mike about it and I think a 7.50 class would do better than 7.90! PLUS chassis are good to 7.50 anyway. Hell I would even throw my hat into that class if I don't change to 10.5. Think about it. 10.5 is looking to have OVER 20 cars per race, and the 4 + slowest could run 7.50 index PLUS the the guys who are thinking about it now, would almost have a full class right from the hit, PLUS "Lazer" would have a good payout. Should call Mike about this. 7.50 NOT 7.90. Lazer gets his class, but just for him. What do you think? John :smt008

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Those are the rules Milan needs to look at. you guys think these are'nt any good??? it looks real close to PRO pro stock class and we run within one tenth!!! did they revise these rules since the end of 05' season??dont remember what they were last "05" year?? Butch

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
My old computer broke :smt013 and i didnt remember my old info so I registered again :-D Butch

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Butch the rule's are fine the way they are the problem is we just don't have enuff competitive car's for this class it's very expensive and it looked like it might be getting better in 04 but then the top 4 car's droped out and I'm sure money had alot to do with it, so in 05 the car count was only 3 or 4 car's per race with one being a heavy hitter about 2 tenth's faster, we allway's seem to have a few new car's come in every year but we also loose a few so unless about 8 new car's commite to a full year and pre register I think this boat is sunk, toobad it suck's too loose a class but they have carried this class for too long, good intensions but I think they have tried all they can at this point :(

·
Morrell Booster
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NPS Nova said:
I know you are. Glad to see racers helping "other" in different classes. BTW can't you run S/E as you don't run a power adder, LOL. Are you up for the 7.50 index? Spoke to Mike about it and I think a 7.50 class would do better than 7.90! PLUS chassis are good to 7.50 anyway. Hell I would even throw my hat into that class if I don't change to 10.5. Think about it. 10.5 is looking to have OVER 20 cars per race, and the 4 + slowest could run 7.50 index PLUS the the guys who are thinking about it now, would almost have a full class right from the hit, PLUS "Lazer" would have a good payout. Should call Mike about this. 7.50 NOT 7.90. Lazer gets his class, but just for him. What do you think? John :smt008
I think Lazer is paying for the class(Sponsor). I will stick to 7.90 cause I just broke the bank buying mufflers, getting the heads done and buying some new electronic stuff. Hey if I could get my under weight, big tire, wheelie bar, alcoholed sled in one of these classes I would. Thinkin about Outlaw class in 2-3 years. Of course that class just about got the axe also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts