Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i moved this from the nmra thread, maybe someone else can clarify this if im reading correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwax
well that looks like a little better deal than i got with the osca (ontario street car assoc). after rain washed out eliminations on sunday at their june race , and another one washed out 2nd round and later at the following race in july, they decided after 2 months to take the june race completly off the schedule and call it "done", no talk of refunds or or partial refunds or make up dates. done, with mine and everyone elses entry fees. then the 2nd race gets rain after my 1st rd ,which i won, and they call that one done, with points going to the winners of the rds i assume, no talk of finishing on a saturday during qualifying or splitting what money was in the pot to the racers still in.....and how are they going to make this up to the racers?.. well they will give us 1/2 off the entry at their sept. race (which they just rescheduled) and let us run for a "full purse", which i assume means if the fields arent full the will pay out a guranteed 16 car purse in my class if we bring our wrist bands from the july race with us. i know that no track has any control over weather but i think there could have been a better way to handle things.. sorry for the rant and the hijack but i thought i'd share a different "rain-out solution" with you guys in the nmra. im pretty sure i've raced my last race with the osca.

Outlaw 10.5
Burnout box

Wow fucken OSCA
But i thought they were giving 50% off at the gate and payouts were 100% no matter what the car count. Why is that a bad deal . Compared to the $85 bucks back but how much was the entry in order to get the $85 back?
I am a bit lost can you clarify please.

fatwax
Pullin gears

i am lost too ,and thats another reason the deal is horse shit, i had to dig to try and figure this out,. see if you can figure it out, taken from a osca message board. http://www.bashr-racing.com/phpBB2/v...er=asc&start=0

1. The races that rained out are done, caput, no more.
2. In order to make up for that we are only charging those who made the rain affected races half price for their tech cards and guaranteeing the payouts.
3. The deal is better for some than others but it is what it is and I can't help it if you or others don't like it.

you read this crap and see if you can sort it out, maybe im reading wrong but i have over $200 worth of wrist bands in my truck from 2 races that are worth about 1/4 of what i paid for them.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
I think one of the problems you are having is the thinking that 100% of your entry fee is for racing. But in reality the entry fee covers several things, like insurance, security, advertising, message boards, etc, etc, etc. So say you paid $100, $20 of it might actually be for your class racing, the rest was for everything else, which you recieved. (i.e. you did have insurance covering you, you were advertised, etc, etc, )
So if they are giving you 50% off a $100 entry fee, then you actually might be ahead of the game.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mother nature is a mother phucker, I'd hate to be in Mike and Mike's shoes this year. As I'm sure everyone must know they aren't exactly getting rich off this deal, and throw some shit weather in and they are phucked. I can't think of any solution to two rain dates that will make everyone happy.

Regards

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
What concerns me is you post this stuff on here, and on NMRA, but I DONT see any of your concerns on the OSCA site, where it might of did some good?:confused:

Oh......if your done with the OSCA, please give me all your points:p

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What concerns me is you post this stuff on here, and on NMRA, but I DONT see any of your concerns on the OSCA site, where it might of did some good?:confused:

Oh......if your done with the OSCA, please give me all your points:p
didnt post anything on nmra board. also dont need another board to post on, all the decisions where already made when i found them on the osca board anyhow, my post, like the others, aint going to change anything. im not one to post these kind of things usually but the fact that it took so long for them to make a decision and the decision they came up with just doesnt sit right with me. maybe im wrong and open to more ideas and people to make me see it the other way. i had a good time up there and met alot of good people so it kinda sucks, but that is a very expensive weekend of racing to loose 2 times and get what amounts to about $40 in credit. i know that the osca has no control over the weather and its unfortunate the way things worked out. done bitching for now and no hard feelings i hope... p.s. you can have my points, i'll sell them to you. :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
didnt post anything on nmra board. also dont need another board to post on, all the decisions where already made when i found them on the osca board anyhow, my post, like the others, aint going to change anything. im not one to post these kind of things usually but the fact that it took so long for them to make a decision and the decision they came up with just doesnt sit right with me. maybe im wrong and open to more ideas and people to make me see it the other way. i had a good time up there and met alot of good people so it kinda sucks, but that is a very expensive weekend of racing to loose 2 times and get what amounts to about $40 in credit. i know that the osca has no control over the weather and its unfortunate the way things worked out. done bitching for now and no hard feelings i hope... p.s. you can have my points, i'll sell them to you. :)
No hard feelings here............they might be soggy though:p j/k
This weather deal is playing on everyone right now. But since you have the credit, you might as well use it up at the last event of the year........at least its something;)

As for the points I'll stick to earning them the hard way, but appreciate the offer:p

Weather finally looks good for this weekends CSCN, so we're off in the morning:cool:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
That sucks that it sounds like you are done with OSCA over this man. It was cool having you in Pro Stock with us.

I am sure it wasn't an easy decision for Mike and Mike and I can definitely understand some people's concern over it. In my opinion I feel I got my $60 worth of racing in qualifying and first round of elims on the one weekend. I also do not mind giving up what was left of that $60 to help keep the organization around. It isn't easy financially on a race organization when events get rained out like this. Most of the expenses of the race are fixed so even if it is called off, it costs OSCA the same. I would think differently of it if I knew these guys were getting rich off our racing, but I know that definitely isnt the case.

As for the wristbands, I used my Event#2 rainout band for Event #3 and if I wanted to I could use the Event#3 band for the final race in September.

Anyways, that is my opinion on the situation. I hope you reconsider and come back out and run with us again!

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wish i would have known about using the wristbands from race 2 for 3, then i wouldnt have a stockpile of bands in my truck. anyhow, mike bennet pm'd me on here yesterday and explained a few things to me and was very stand up in his response to my bitching. i know they had to make some decisions that wernt going to make everyone happy and i guess im one of them. we'll see how it goes, maybe in sept when the next race comes along i'll change my mind, wash my p*ssy and come up for the last one, he said he would give us a "rain free guarantee"..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.