Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we are in south Georgia for the kick off Boost vs. No Boost ORTC event of 2010 where radial cars come from across the country come for a shot at the biggest purse in the land. Starting with Thursday’s test session, we will be here providing same day coverage for all classes including the wild wheel-standing Ultimate Street class and the insane speeds of the boosted cars. Check back all weekend for the coverage.

Special thanks to our event coverage sponsor Mickey Thompson. With their help Dragzine is able to bring you great drag racing coverage from around the States. Check out their site at www.mickeythompsontires.com or roll-over the “Buy it Now” banner above for more information.

Click Here for Coverage

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Jonathon Cox is running in TRZ Ultimate Street this weekend with a SBF and 76 MM Turbo. He is based out of Jacksonville, Florida

Keith Berry's car was being driven by crew chief Ryan Rakestraw this after noon and the transmission broke. it's a chore to pull the trans on a vette as the rear suspension must be removed before the trans will come out. They have parts to repair it so that's not a problem, it's just doing the work.

Wayne Oliver is here driving for John Sears this weekend in TRZ Ultimate Street. John runs the X 275 series up North. The car has a 23* 410 ci SBC by Springfield Custom Machine. Heads by Curtis Boggs at Race Flow Development and Manifold by Gabby at Wilson Manifolds. John runs one of Induction Solutions "Real Street" plate kits.

Mike Modeste puts Team North on the map with a nice straight 4.64 @ 164. Jere Ethridge got a 4.79 @ 165 out his last pass of the night.

Click Here for the Rest of todays Coverage

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some more testing and pit notes are up now.

Click Here

Mel Nelson managed a 4.70 @ 167 on his only hit today. Pretty sure that is top MPH in the Boosted class. Tony Ridenour got down with a 4.83 while Johnny Kolivas ran a 4.73 just a few cars back. Kenny Markwich managed to get down the track on his second run, running a 5.71 @ 150 as the boost came in very late. Brad Edwards ran a 4.75.

Wayne Oliver piloted John Sears' Malibu to it's best ever pass today running a 5.77 @ 120MPH.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Great work Rob!

Do you have video of 2nd round elimns in Ultimate Street?

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great work Rob!

Do you have video of 2nd round elimns in Ultimate Street?
No I dont. Someone forgot his battery charger so I was trying to conserve what I had to get to the finals, can't miss that part.

AlsoI am only one guy so I can't shoot every round I'd never have time to update the coverage

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts