Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I think you will see some local guys there. Few are going to travel down there with the rules that are in place. Unfortunetly I think its going to be a poor turnout.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah.... The rules are going to eliminate a lot as is it being 1/4 mile. I'll go and run Street Outlaw but mainly as a test session. Not even sure if I'll go to the trouble to change the gear. May just roll out of the throttle at the 1/8th. The part that is appealing (but sad at the same time) is that the purse is guaranteed and the racer attendance most likely won't be good. Might be able to also enter Extreme for some first round money and some additional testing.
I think the "trying to be unique" and "keeping with some of the tradition" is hurting them more than just rolling with the times. I think 1/4 mile will be a turn off as well for a lot of people. If it wasn't my home track, I wouldn't be going.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I remember when that use to be the baddest event of the year. Lol. How times have changed.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
If its gonna be 1/4 mile most wont show up. All real racing is 1/8 mile I know we wont go if its gonna be 1/4 mile. 1/4 is only good for slow cars this race should be 1/8 mile

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Yeah.... The rules are going to eliminate a lot as is it being 1/4 mile. I'll go and run Street Outlaw but mainly as a test session. Not even sure if I'll go to the trouble to change the gear. May just roll out of the throttle at the 1/8th. The part that is appealing (but sad at the same time) is that the purse is guaranteed and the racer attendance most likely won't be good. Might be able to also enter Extreme for some first round money and some additional testing.
I think the "trying to be unique" and "keeping with some of the tradition" is hurting them more than just rolling with the times. I think 1/4 mile will be a turn off as well for a lot of people. If it wasn't my home track, I wouldn't be going.
Agreed as much as I hate to say it I don't think the turn out will be what they want, I hope I'm wrong but the 1/4 mile is gonna make guys change to much for a 1 race deal. JMO :p

·
Registered
176 Posts
Agreed as much as I hate to say it I don't think the turn out will be what they want, I hope I'm wrong but the 1/4 mile is gonna make guys change to much for a 1 race deal. JMO :p
By my figuring, you'll lift about 150' after I do! I'll be at the 1/8, you'll be just before the 1000' right?

·
***INDASIXES***
1,688 Posts
Wade Im sure is on top of it...Just as many reasons we have, him and his crew has to keep it that way.....Wade has done a great job everywhere he goes...Ozzy and Wade will figure it out and make the best call..WHO KNOWS.....If not, they will make it better next time.....I hope its a great turnout no matter what....If they see that HEAVY is way off..then they will make adjustments..they are smart business people..

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I hope Orlando gets back to what it was. It was like the Woodstock of heads up back in the day.

·
Registered
24,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wade Im sure is on top of it...Just as many reasons we have, him and his crew has to keep it that way.....Wade has done a great job everywhere he goes...Ozzy and Wade will figure it out and make the best call..WHO KNOWS.....If not, they will make it better next time.....I hope its a great turnout no matter what....If they see that HEAVY is way off..then they will make adjustments..they are smart business people..
Hes running out of time . If hes going to make changes , he has to do it now .

People have to make plans !

1 - 20 of 49 Posts