Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents
My 2003 Suburban lost it's transmission on the way to spring break.
Looking to avoid a shady transmission shop. Any recommendations or are there any members that own a shop in the Orlando Florida area that could help out. I need to be headed north on Thursday so I have a tight timeline let me know with any suggestions.
Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check with a Chevy dealership. I had mine replaced with a new one from the dealer, it was only $600 ($2600) more than a rebuilt one and has a 100000 mile 3 year warranty, This was in upstate FL. Mine was a two wheel drive.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
i would recommend my mechanic but he had a heart attack & I think his boys are taking advantage of him. i don't have confidence in anyone that can't answer a question without stutering or wishy washy

·
rodent aviator
6,422 Posts
Stay the fuck away from Cottman's in Fern Park. Fucking idiots there who break stuff on your car and hide it. I used to be a neighbor and used to see Phil the owner at the track all the time. Had him do a few things on my car and truck, every single thing his guys touched ended up having to be replaced within a year. I've had live in girlfriends who cost me less money than that bastard.

·
draggin' ass
13,392 Posts
FTI if its race or serious street stuff.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Another vote for Ken Wells, but his shop stays pretty busy, not sure if he could meet your time frame. FTI also, they are in Deland, they are known for their racing stuff but they'll do stock tranny's also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts