Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
Being serious... From where you at, it wouldn't be that bad...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I never even considered it. I'll add that to my "things to look into" list. I thought it takes like twice as long as driving though...

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
I never even considered it. I'll add that to my "things to look into" list. I thought it takes like twice as long as driving though...
Hell naw... My g/f took a train to chicago... Goes a little faster then car... Train was cruising the whole way back... train left a little after 9am chicago... She got in at 2ish... Plus look on the bright side... No worries about checking in bags... Sleep the whole time... And you can relax while the train is hauling ass...

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
Shit Mo Halls guys flew outta BWI to orlando last year for 29.00 each way, 200.00 sounds kinda steeeeeep, just booked from Philly to Ft Lauderdale for 185.00 round trip with less then a week notice. UCF area is nice and is only 10 minutes to the track, tons of places to eat, dont know about the drinky drinky thing, or the boobie bar thing, stayed over those parts last year.....for the money you can get the same deal at cocoa....and Lido`s ladies are banging hot, 10.00 couch dances....very nice service., and a couple good places to eat.
I have traveled alot this year with vacations, NMCA and some 10.5 stuff and have found that http://www.usairwaysvacations.com/?c=hp_vp is the cheapiest by far(outta philly) on air and hotel.
Deal direct with rental car co`s, search there site for instant internet coupons, last time I rented in denver(budget) and the coupon saved me 100.00 on a 4 day rental.

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
The train....F that its like a 100 bucks and 17 hours from philly, so from like DC its still 15, I normally fly in thursday and fly back monday, but shit I make it a vacation at the same time.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
I just spent a day going over the cheapest flights I could find to Chicago next week along with Hotel and Car rental. I managed get all of it for less than $500 for 3 days. I couldn't drive up there for less than that and be to and from in 6 hours.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
the wife and i stayed at the shereton last year, about 25 min from track, { 5 minutes from airport} flew in on friday night, STILL got to see LOTS of qualifying, was just in time to see the guy wreck the hearse { spell check} I didn"t see ANTHINGthat close to the track, the deal being close to the beach sounds killer.. I just shoped the best hotel rateings, and figured the rental car would do the rest.. we flew out monday morening to catch the sema show in vegas.. { it wasn"t raining there LOL !!!!!!} I believe this year we"re going to catch the vegas race.. as long as you have the rental. I"d say anything in a25 minute drive would be pretty good.. but tha just my opinion, I wanted to drive around and see some of orlando.. the wife hated the place.. the girls that worked at tony romas were BAD AZZ !!!!! {the reason I mentioned vegas is you could do a 2fer, catch a race, and the sema show... made for a great time}

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
aligiant air flys out of sandford cheap it closer than orlando international
DON'T listen to this guy he's ***** :eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: i think he is like # 6 or 7 in the world in S/G right now ............UCF is good eye candy , becareful of: international dr. , so.org. bls. trail ( the hood) and the universal studios are , way too far to drive ! the east coast = easy drive , more bikini's too look @ !!!good luck and DON'T bring a fast car !!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
DON'T listen to this guy he's ***** :eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: i think he is like # 6 or 7 in the world in S/G right now ............UCF is good eye candy , becareful of: international dr. , so.org. bls. trail ( the hood) and the universal studios are , way too far to drive ! the east coast = easy drive , more bikini's too look @ !!!good luck and DON'T bring a fast car !!
just because you suked my dick it only makes you gay:teabag

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I just spent a day going over the cheapest flights I could find to Chicago next week along with Hotel and Car rental. I managed get all of it for less than $500 for 3 days. I couldn't drive up there for less than that and be to and from in 6 hours.
Dan, you goin to the Superbowl? Which car(s) you gonna be with?

Alafaya and 50, thats where you need to stay. I think theres a bunch of hotels there, there's gotta be? UCF 1/2 mile away, the track @ 10 minutes East on 50, Hooters 2 minutes away, Ale House w/ @ 35 beers on tap right there... I'd stay there if I didn't live 25 minutes from there!

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
i always get 2 (TWO) 1 way tickets to orlando.
usually A.C. To orlando then Orlando back to philly or A.c.
so it adds more options which is cheaper.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
i always get 2 (TWO) 1 way tickets to orlando.
usually A.C. To orlando then Orlando back to philly or A.c.
so it adds more options which is cheaper.
Good advice. Thanks everyone, you're all making it easier for this newb :)

Anyone else have anything to add? (I bumped it since its Monday and maybe more folks are on) I gotta get this thing sorted by next week.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Dan, you goin to the Superbowl? Which car(s) you gonna be with?
I won't be with any car inparticular. I was invited to be a member of the SFI Doorcar committee a few weeks ago and they are having a meeting this Friday in the tower to discuss a new spec. I'll be at the track Friday and for a few hours Saturday morning but then catch a flight back home at 5pm that day. Too much work needing to be done here to stay the entire weekend.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
I stayed at the Crossland on 50 the last few years but it is a dump...a cheap dump though. Staying somewhere else this year though.
Actually I stayed there last year also and I can honestly say my room wasn't bad at all. Small, but it was clean and cheap and i'm all about cheap these days as long as it's clean too. ;)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.