Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to make my travel arrangements for Orlando and was hoping some of you vets could give me the scoop on places to stay, where you want to be etc...I tried searching the web for a "newbz guide to The Orlando Race" but to no avail;) Seriously though, I'm gonna have to do this on a budget and don't want to waste money. Any help would be much appreciated!
-Brad

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Well if you don't need to be in the Orlando area try Tittusville, hotels are a little cheaper but your not in the "center" of everything. Are you flying down or driving?

We are heading down to make the race in Bradenton and then staying the week to make Orlando.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want desperately to make both but I just don't have the leave from work. I'm still trying to weigh my options as far as drive vs. fly. I'd like to be near where the action is if possible. I don't mind paying a bit extra to not have to worry about driving to the hot spots if that makes sense...I do tend to enjoy the cold ones after dark and would rather not have to get a taxi to get around. If I fly down I'll rent a car when I get there. There is a Hooters meet sometime during the weekend, no?

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I'm thinking the deal with Hooters is on Thursday night just like it used to be at Race Rock.

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
Cocoa beach is the place to stay, couple nice boobie and regular bars. If you get tired of the racing you got a beach, fishing pier and you also get to wake up in a clean room over looking the beaches and ocean, we stayed at the raddison, About 25 minutes from the track.
stay clear of toothlessville stayed there 2 years ago and its a shit hole, stayed at the quality inn and it was moldy like a mofo.
Good luck

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
What is your budget? We are flying out of Atlantic City for a 200 dollar round trip, staying at the Marriot Suites hotel which is 100 per night(6 miles from the track), and rented a Chevy Aveo for 4 days which is 125.00 for the 4 days. Any question just shoot me a PM.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Cocoa beach is the place to stay, couple nice boobie and regular bars. If you get tired of the racing you got a beach, fishing pier and you also get to wake up in a clean room over looking the beaches and ocean, we stayed at the raddison, About 25 minutes from the track.
stay clear of toothlessville stayed there 2 years ago and its a shit hole, stayed at the quality inn and it was moldy like a mofo.
Good luck

LOL I didn't know what his budget was! Cocoa is GREAT!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
If you stay in the UFC / Waterford Lakes area you should be good. It's only about 10 minutes from the track, right next to Hooters, and a lot of other restaurants and such right there.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:) Thanks. Clears that up:)

I don't know if I want to drive 3 hours north to get on a plane though. I guess I gotta compare the $ for the tickets. Do most people come in on Thursday or Friday? And when are leaving to come home, Monday?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.