Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aviation Section
25,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short video of the original Blue Angel aircraft, the F8F Bearcat running the R2800 radial, in a demo flight with the F-18.

The Bearcat came out to late to help in WWII but had it been on station history would not remember the Mustang so fondly, it was very fast and rugged with the air cooled engine and could take a lot of battle damage and still fly whereas the Mustang would take one bullet and have to return to base with a coolant leak! Dave

http://www.neptunuslex.com/2010/12/10/good-day-at-the-patch/

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
My father flew the Bearcat (along with several other planes) in the Navy. RIP dad 1-29-2010...He truely loved flying. I have many pictures of his time in the Navy and Naval Reserves.

He then went on to work at NASA as a aeronautical engineer in the aerospace industry and retired in 1980. After raising and supporting 6 kids, he lived a very good life that one could be proud of.

He deserved the 30 yrs of retirement he enjoyed for all the sacrifices he made to accomplish what he did in his lifetime.

We took care of him at home until his death....never once thought about sending him to an old folks home. It was tuff at times, (he had dementia) but worth the effort after all he did for our family. I really do miss my dad...he was my hero !

·
Aviation Section
25,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My father flew the Bearcat (along with several other planes) in the Navy. RIP dad 1-29-2010...He truely loved flying. I have many pictures of his time in the Navy and Naval Reserves.

He then went on to work at NASA as a aeronautical engineer in the aerospace industry and retired in 1980. After raising and supporting 6 kids, he lived a very good life that one could be proud of.

He deserved the 30 yrs of retirement he enjoyed for all the sacrifices he made to accomplish what he did in his lifetime.

We took care of him at home until his death....never once thought about sending him to an old folks home. It was tuff at times, (he had dementia) but worth the effort after all he did for our family. I really do miss my dad...he was my hero !

Lost my dad in 2003, he had 25 missions over Europe in a B-24 and the USAF sent him back to the States to train on the B-29 to go to the Pacific theatre, thank God for the "A" bomb or I wouldn't even be here. My Dad also worked for NASA and was an Engineer on the
Apollo Program to put a man on the moon. Thanks to your Dad and all who served! Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts