Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'd go with the second pic for sure, I wouldn't want that piping in the way if the valve covers need to come off, plus it looks way better if nothing else,

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can easily get the valve covers off with either orientation. (Already thought of that)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all the feedback. The question I had was from info I had read in the past about 12oclock 6oclock position of the bonnet when running a carb. I was not sure if anyone had additional feedback on distribution problems when facing forward vs facing rearward for front cylinders, or drivability issues from the clocking as well.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ooh, & by the way, what direction is 6 or 12 o’clock? I have been searching for some time on several posts on several sites & cant find a factual answer.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Good question, L & R are from the drivers seat so this would make # 2 12 O'clock ??

·
Registered
23,896 Posts
IMO , 6 is better because the faster air from the outside of the bend will affect the secondary vent more . Secondary is more important at WOT .

I should say , if your using staggered jetting and not running it square .

Ideally , the car should have squared jetting and tuning should be done with BRPVs on a blow-thru

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IMO , 6 is better because the faster air from the outside of the bend will affect the secondary vent more . Secondary is more important at WOT .

I should say , if your using staggered jetting and not running it square .

Ideally , the car should have squared jetting and tuning should be done with BRPVs on a blow-thru
Thanks, I’m running the same turbo as you but with the 1.32/96 hot side. Was concerned with the front cylinders in/re distribution running it at the 6 o’clock (forward?) position.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The second pic should have much better distribution going into the hat. From there i guess it depends how well the hat is designed to allow distribution thru the carb. I know nothing on carbs but in terms of flow, having a section of straight run piping helps even out the velocity flow curve. The U bend likely will have a velocity gradient along the bend radius and flow may be poorly distributed as it enters the hat

·
Registered
23,896 Posts
Thanks, I’m running the same turbo as you but with the 1.32/96 hot side. Was concerned with the front cylinders in/re distribution running it at the 6 o’clock (forward?) position.
Yes 6 o'clock is like your second pic .

number 1 and 2 are usually leaner . But you can tune them with primary PVCRs . Watch the plugs and if they are leaner than the rest , use them for tuning .

What BRPVs are you using ? Whos carb is it ?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes 6 o'clock is like your second pic .

number 1 and 2 are usually leaner . But you can tune them with primary PVCRs . Watch the plugs and if they are leaner than the rest , use them for tuning .

What BRPVs are you using ? Whos carb is it ?
SBF =1&5 (front 2 holes) are leaner as you say. That’s why I was thinking that Steve Morris had addressed that on entering the rear 12 o’clock. I have at least 18” behind the hat to the windshield to correct flow direction if necessary to calm down turbulence entering the hat?
BRPV= SCS
Carb= Quick fuel 750 BAN with QFT bowels.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If down the road I choose to go A2A, 6 o’clock would make sense. If A2W 12 o’clock would make it easier for behind the firewall pass side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts