Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting a trailer from proline trailers in va, it's a 28' enclosed and the paper work says the manufacturer is victory trailers. anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Went down to Georgia about a month ago to pick up my new 28 foot trailer with 6inches extra height. Bought it from ProLine in Va. First thing i notice when i pull into the factory after a 14 hour drive is Messican music blasting out of every open door. Hose A and Hose B out runnin around on peice of chit ford tractor pullin new trailers outta the mud. So i walk in the mobile office trailer and give the nice young lady at the desk my paperwork. She calls Hose B and his tractor to go get my trailer and bring it up for inspection. Now when i ordered this I specifically asked for a flat nose instead of a v-nose cuz i like the flat one better. Well, the first thing i noticed is the v-nose. So i get on the phone with ProLine and tell them whats up. They were very helpfull and wanted to know if i still wanted it. Told them to knock some money off and i want 4 spare tires. They took some money off but i only got 2 spares. Went out and continued my inspection. Come to find out that the factory never even looked at my build sheet cuz i got an extended tounge and radial tires. It was supposed to be the cheapo bias plies. I hooked up to it and brought it home. Now, with all that being said it looks like a fairly well built trailer and it pulled like a dream on our 1000 mile road trip home. I am happy with it except for the nose, but ill get over it. It is a 28 footer with 6inch extra height for under 5 grand, so i think i did alright.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Went down to Georgia about a month ago to pick up my new 28 foot trailer with 6inches extra height. Bought it from ProLine in Va. First thing i notice when i pull into the factory after a 14 hour drive is Messican music blasting out of every open door. Hose A and Hose B out runnin around on peice of chit ford tractor pullin new trailers outta the mud. So i walk in the mobile office trailer and give the nice young lady at the desk my paperwork. She calls Hose B and his tractor to go get my trailer and bring it up for inspection. Now when i ordered this I specifically asked for a flat nose instead of a v-nose cuz i like the flat one better. Well, the first thing i noticed is the v-nose. So i get on the phone with ProLine and tell them whats up. They were very helpfull and wanted to know if i still wanted it. Told them to knock some money off and i want 4 spare tires. They took some money off but i only got 2 spares. Went out and continued my inspection. Come to find out that the factory never even looked at my build sheet cuz i got an extended tounge and radial tires. It was supposed to be the cheapo bias plies. I hooked up to it and brought it home. Now, with all that being said it looks like a fairly well built trailer and it pulled like a dream on our 1000 mile road trip home. I am happy with it except for the nose, but ill get over it. It is a 28 footer with 6inch extra height for under 5 grand, so i think i did alright.

Buddy bought one from down in GA. I been looking on ebay and see different sellers with GA addresses listing trailers. Kind confusing WTF you are actually bidding on with 10 different photos and lists of options. Sounds like you did OK but I wonder how many are actually built as ordered.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I picked up my new trailer from Husky Cargo a few weeks ago that I had them build. I've heard so many horror stories about them, but since they were the only company to call me back with a quote after calling nearly 12 different places, I ordered mine. I asked for the 32' HD model. It came standard with LED lighting, 5200 lb triple torsion axles, bias tires, and a v-nose. Roof bows are supposed to be 16" apart, and wall uprights 12" apart, all 1.5"x1" steel tubing, and screwless exterior. I asked for upgraded axles (7k torsion), no dove tail, 6" of extra height, a spare, winch mount plate in the nose, and one roof vent wired and braced for A/C. When I went to pick it up, Look trailers, Husky Cargo, and Lark trailers were all within a block of each other, and there were more not far from there. When I inspected my trailer, one screw was missing from the trim, which they promptly installed, all the tires were radials, including the spare, and the roof bows were 12" like the wall uprights. From the time I ordered it to the time I picked it up, they had the best customer service, and when they called me with an estimated completion date, they had the trailer ready to pick up that morning. It pulls great, and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
19,719 Posts
I've read all kinds of reviews on Ga trailer places, I'm not sure wtf I'm going to do. I'm thinking before start of next season I'll have the cash to buy.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I bought my 24' from them. some options and it took 6 weeks to get, picked it up in Indiana. It was stickered Stealth trailers (made at stealth) so far it a good trailer for what it cost.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bought my 24' from them. some options and it took 6 weeks to get, picked it up in Indiana. It was stickered Stealth trailers (made at stealth) so far it a good trailer for what it cost.
I have a stealth trailer and love it so far. Use mine primarily for my Lawn Maintenance business.

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,508 Posts
pro line trailers is top notch .... just remember they are just the sales men not the builders ...... i went thru them to get my 28' vintage a few months ago .... quick easy process .... emails sent back on a saturday ... very painless ...... i went with vintage becuase they are racers .... its nice to walk into there front office and see the photos of them racing ...etc .... sure mine cost about 12k , but it was worth it ...

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Yes they were very good to work with and helpful. they did send me stickers to put on if I wish. mine has the light package, #5200 axles, white walls and ceiling.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
pro line trailers is top notch .... just remember they are just the sales men not the builders ...... i went thru them to get my 28' vintage a few months ago .... quick easy process .... emails sent back on a saturday ... very painless ...... i went with vintage becuase they are racers .... its nice to walk into there front office and see the photos of them racing ...etc .... sure mine cost about 12k , but it was worth it ...
^This is 100% why I went with them on my purchase, EZ to deal with and I couldn't be happier with the 28ft Vintage Outlaw we have.

·
Registered
962 Posts

Kenny's to old to race now.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
talked to proline yesterday they have many different companys that make trailers for them i would only buy one thats made in elkhart,ind..(stealth)got a price yesterday on a 28' with radials,60"tongue,torsion axles,finished walls&celling....6720.00

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
proline told me the trailers normally run 3-4 weeks, today is 3 weeks. monday i e-mailed them just to see if there was an eta on when the trailer may be in so i could try and figure out a plan to go get it, he e-mailed me back about an hour later saying he was traveling and he would check, that was monday and then this morning he e-mailed me saying he expects it to arrive today or tomorrow. i never got any replies on "victory" brand trailers, anyone have one of their trailers?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I bought my Vintage back in 2007 and I'm still pleased with it. If I need anything parts wise I just call the parts dept and they bring the parts to the race track, no problems with the guys at Vintage......It helps that they race in the same division (3) as I do !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
getting a trailer from proline trailers in va, it's a 28' enclosed and the paper work says the manufacturer is victory trailers. anyone have any experience with these?
Looking at the same. Price is hard to beat. How did yours work out for you? Any Feedback / pics?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i missed your post, havn't been in this section in a while. trailer has been great and pro line was great to work with. these are the only 2 pics i have. i painted the walls with polyurethane and the floor with the epoxy garage floor paint. in the spring i'm going to insulate the ceiling and put a ceiling up and add lights and electric to the inside.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
If you put a second coat or clear on the floor will be easier to clean, my old trailer has one coat and does ok but my new trailer has two with clear and the floor is like glass and oil wipes right up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts