Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fram PH8A oil filter.... OK or not?

Lots of bad press about Fram oil filters but is it fact or just internet BS?

I've got to change the oil on my car soon... can buy the Frams locally or order Wix stuff from Amazon.

mardyn

·
Super Moderator
45,990 Posts
YB hates Fram. YB loves Wix.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I get WIX from RockAuto for my Escape, F-150, T-Bird, Mustang, Lincoln LS, and Harley....... one stop shopping. Not a FRAM on anything in my stable.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Fram every 5000 or Wix every 10000. Now there is a question! Rather see someone change their oil in a timely fashion with what they can get ahold of rather than wait and procrastinate because they can't find the "good" filter, or it is across town, or have to order it, or whatever reason they are delaying.

I just changed oil on my bike and was down to one spare filter. Immediately ordered them and 5 more WIX just showed up today. That is how I handle the dilemma... lol!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Wix is a great filter but why not K&N??? If your a racer or drag race fan. Why not support a business that supports racing. The K&N filters are a great line of filters...

·
Registered
17,449 Posts
Fran oil filters are horrible. Cut one apart. Cardboard end caps that degrade and shed fibers, and have actually been known to collapse. The worst choice out there.

·
Survived Drag Week 2018
6,409 Posts
Fram being shit isn't just internet BS, they really are shit!
The more expensive fram oil filters like the "synthetic" line are better but they cost the same or more than an even better Wix, or Mobil 1 or K&N filter, I would rather buy the known good filters I listed....

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
is that the oil filter you use on your pro stock engines?
Yes it is... I run K&N Oil Filter HP-1018 on all my Pro Stock engines since 2008. It has the large thread for increased oil flow and is a great filter and I have had zero issues using them. I use the PS-3003 on all the Sportsman engines with the same success.

·
Registered
16,123 Posts
Yes it is... I run K&N Oil Filter HP-1018 on all my Pro Stock engines since 2008. It has the large thread for increased oil flow and is a great filter and I have had zero issues using them. I use the PS-3003 on all the Sportsman engines with the same success.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
179 Posts
had 2 fram filters rust from the inside out and ruined 1 customers engine because of it autozone had to warranty the job because of it
only factory stuff from now on

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

I've got to change the oil on my car soon... can buy the Frams locally or order Wix stuff from Amazon.

mardyn
Interweb B.S. and people that can't do a simple oil change.

If it were true there would be class action lawsuits. There is NOT ONE!

That said, use an HP filter not a PH filter.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
REPEAT!

mardyn
Interweb B.S. and people that can't do a simple oil change.

If it were true there would be class action lawsuits. There is NOT ONE!

That said, use an HP filter not a PH filter.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
System 1, been using the same one for 20 years on a remote mount with # 10 lines on a dry sump system, never a problem, bearings always spotless!

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Wix is a great filter but why not K&N??? If your a racer or drag race fan. Why not support a business that supports racing. The K&N filters are a great line of filters...
K&N is a Mobil 1 with a nut welded on the bottom.

One would have to be a NUT to pay extra money for a nut. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

mardyn
NEVER, EVER a Fram.

My $.02

1 - 20 of 173 Posts