Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cast intake, single carb, automatic, what is the baddest engine combination to run at 3000lbs. and a 10 1/2w tire? How fast do you think it could go?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Big block or small block???? Butch

·
Registered
17 Posts
632, ported big cheifs, BIG dominator, 15.5:1, crazy cam, and any other little goodies to get every last ounce of power out of it. That should be good for 7s :lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1969, the red camaro in your post is not far from where I live. The car went a 4.79 1/8 mile with a true ten inch tire, 3200lbs. That is one bad car!

·
Registered
17 Posts
west said:
1969, the red camaro in your post is not far from where I live. The car went a 4.79 1/8 mile with a true ten inch tire, 3200lbs. That is one bad car!

That must be sweet to see that thing run and see it real person. Its one of my fav cars I have found one the web. His Black one is pretty sweet too. I wonder if he would ever come up north my way. There is a nice 1/8 mile track 15 miles from my house he could go too. If he did I would be sure not to miss that.

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
west said:
cast intake, single carb, automatic, what is the baddest engine combination to run at 3000lbs. and a 10 1/2w tire? How fast do you think it could go?
Well it must be what's on the menu this week. 630's wtih big chiefs for everyone.

At 3000 pounds, do the math 1150+ horsepower for a max effort, comp eliminator type BBC, w/ cast manifold single 'big' dominator.

Without thinking too hard 8.20's could be what folks call 'all day long'... of course, this is all theory so I'm talking a car that works, with the right stuff on it. Maybe even faster.... that would take some number crunching.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
1969 427 camaro said:
west said:

That must be sweet to see that thing run and see it real person. Its one of my fav cars I have found one the web. His Black one is pretty sweet too. I wonder if he would ever come up north my way. There is a nice 1/8 mile track 15 miles from my house he could go too. If he did I would be sure not to miss that.
limitedstreet.com has a pretty cool dvd where Hoyle wins.almost every car is gaurdrail to centerline all the way down the track(brainerd optimist)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts