Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting a new .40cal pistol. I've got it narrowed down to three guns. They are the Springfield XD compact,the Sig Sauer p250c and the Ruger sr40c. What are the pros and cons of these guns? I can get the Ruger and the Springfield for around $430 and the Sig for around $360

·
Nitrous Junky
10,820 Posts
You can not go wrong with either of those choices

·
"I like money" More Plz!
3,004 Posts
If you're not considering Glocks, I'd say the XD then.. But like said above, they're all quality pieces..

·
Go Fuck Yourself
7,143 Posts
XD out of those choices. I like the m&p 40 also...I'm going to go pick one up soon and one in 45...

·
Registered
24 Posts
:smt068
Im looking at getting a new .40cal pistol. I've got it narrowed down to three guns. They are the Springfield XD compact,the Sig Sauer p250c and the Ruger sr40c. What are the pros and cons of these guns? I can get the Ruger and the Springfield for around $430 and the Sig for around $360
I just recently purchased the Ruger and did so bc of the safety features, feel, and being made in the USA. After shooting it this past weekend I was very happy with it.

·
"I like money" More Plz!
3,004 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Change out Sig 250 for 2022. Also why 40 cal? I thought the current thinking is that 9mm+P was more effective. I know some of the cops here in Michigan have talked about the 40 cal not being effective against "urban body armor". That is two three layers of shirts and hoodies and a big puffy coat over the top.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Go the range and rent each one. Find out which gun you can fire and get back on target accurately. Then rent them in 9mm and see if you can do it better with it vs .40cal. I found out that I can get on target better with 9mm, then I went with a Beretta PX storm for it external safety.

·
Elite Member
13,555 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts