Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few ideas for building ramps for my trailer but would like some ideas.
I want a 6 ft ramp, but the kicker is i want it to be light so i can lift them and slide them under the trailer easily. I dont really want to spend the money on alum for ramps so how do you suggest building them and keeping them light ?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
cant have yer cake n eat it too, son

i have a set that i use to get my golfcart into the back of my truck, bought the homo depot ramp ends and used 2x8 pressure treated, they aint to bad to lift

if your trailer is a beavertail, you dont have to lift em to high

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
The lightest cheapest easiest ramps you can get are a 2X12 board. I wouldn't use them but if you want cheap and light, there you go. Back in the 60s and 70s most folks used them. Put some sand in the paint so when wet you don't slip off.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I build this pretty cheap

Got any better pics ? what material did you build them out of ?
BTW guys im not trying to be a super cheap ass, I menat that using 1/4 2inch alum angle would be alot since i would quite alot.
Just dont to build some super heavy ass thing from steel angle if its more than what i need

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Got any better pics ? what material did you build them out of ?
BTW guys im not trying to be a super cheap ass, I menat that using 1/4 2inch alum angle would be alot since i would quite alot.
Just dont to build some super heavy ass thing from steel angle if its more than what i need
Sorry i tried making this damn pics bigger but no luck..

6 pieces of 2" 1/4x 14" flat bar for the ends a middle
18 pieces 1/2 x 14" angle for the middle supports
4pieces 5 foot c channel for the sides hope this helps
and 2" x2" 16" angle for the ends that hook to the trailer

·
Registered
2,812 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I use a masory scaffolding plank 2 1/2 x 10 same planks for 10 years. Lumber mill in ont. 22.00 to 25.00 for 16 foot plank. They get lighter after they dry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts