Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently running 3 inch down pipes that connect to 3.5 exhaust (left over from last combo) with an x-pipe and dyno-max ultra flows and was considering taking the exhaust off and just running down pipes. Turbos are mp t-70s with.68 exhaust housings on 440 cubes, besides the weight saving do you think there is any performance to be gained or would that exhaust not really be a restriction?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Performance wise I'm not sure about but I know weight savings is huge and the sound is not considerably more believe it or not. A member on here Turbo has a 88mm on a SBC with 5 inch down pipe had similar exhause that weighed a ton so took it off both for weight and better ground clearance and the car is not considerably louder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I run an open downpipe and the only difference that I really noticed in sound was when I down shifted. It sounded like I had a jake brake on the car. Other than that, it's really not that loud over my bullets that were on the car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wot isn't bad with just dp's, but low load is a bit louder. quality of sound at low load sucks, imo. my car sounds like an old chevy truck with an open dp.
+3 fired it up today with open pipes, reminds me of when the muffler used to fall off my cordoba not a very healthy sound at all. Definitely louder but the old set up was very quiet so i expected that, just not sure if the performance gain is worth it. Car only ran 9.58 at 60% boost so its not a max effort race car but am looking for bottom 9s next time (like a 8.99 lol) Thanks for the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts