Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here build one? i have a 18 ft open carson, and i want to either lengthen it or maybe build a rack in front with ramps so the golf cart could be winched up sideways on top of the hood of the car, trying to see what would be easier... i looked around but really couldn't find a pic of what i am looking for. a new 20-22ft trailer isn't in the budget at this time.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I would deck it over the hood of the car...look at doing it where you'd be ramping it from the deck of the trailer though. Less angle on the ramps, plus you'd probably need to put a roller on the edge for the cable.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back of the truck and ramps to trailer.
I did that before but now i have a small motorhome so i have 3 options, buy a new tralier, lengthen mine, or build a rack to hold the cart over the front of car, i was hoping someone could dig up a pic of that or something similer, i can't fing one. thanks guys...

·
Enormous Member
5,904 Posts
There is a dude that races Fridays at MIR - open trailer that he extended the tail on...loads the car up and then the golf car across the back.

·
WHAT NOW ?
16,720 Posts
Trade the 18 ft in for 20 ft......problem solved.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I've seen the rear of a trailer extended using reese hitch type recievers on the back of the trailer. That way its removable. I dont know if I would add 4ft.....

Basically, like the ones that go in a hitch on the back of a vehicle. The one I saw had two, one on each side of the trailer.

Another option is the see how far you can put the golf cart forward of the deck (sideways) - checking the turning clearance. Then move the car back. Usually the rear tires are 3-4ft on the trailer....this way it would just be almost at the back edge. The back end of the car would hang out past the trailer (which I am pretty sure is not legal)....but you might be able to get away with it until you can get a bigger trailer.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,184 Posts
HELL WE JUST DROVE THE GOLF CART IN THE BED OF THE PICK UP.....DUH

1 - 20 of 31 Posts