Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking for a used open car trailer for a while and am not having much luck. seems like every one i find is $1500-$2000 and needs some sort of work. might as well buy a new one for the extra few bucks, IMO. then i get something with NEW tires, NEW brakes, and so on. who is a good reputable trailer dealer in the south-east michigan area that makes a good quality trailer? any recommendations as far as what to get or not get?

thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I like the ramps that slide out the back and are ready to roll. Many/most builders seem to put them on the side and that's an unnecessary hassle. You'll also want to consider 20' plus so you can add a box and winch. I'm from West Texas so can't help with finding one just FYI.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'd love an enclosed, but unfortunately, my minister of finance has set a pretty tight budget!! i do have to travel a decent amount to race. closest track to me in canada is a 2.5 hour drive. milan is about 1.5 hours, but crossing the boarder with a rented trailer has never appealed to me, so i haven't been yet.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Call Jerry Lozon (734) 341-3546
He's the dude at Milan with the Cowboy hat. He owns a trailer business. He can build you one, order one, whatever you need.
His prices are kick ass! He sells parts too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
you get what you pay for with trailers,thats for sure,ive seen car haulers that i wouldnt put a golf cart on much less then a car,try us 27 motorsports & trailers in st johns mi,

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you get what you pay for with trailers,thats for sure,ive seen car haulers that i wouldnt put a golf cart on much less then a car,try us 27 motorsports & trailers in st johns mi,
i sent a request for a quote on a trailer via their website a couple weeks ago and never got a response:confused:.

true, you get what you pay for. i found a used trailer that is decent, but the tongue is made from angle iron, not c channel or boxed tubing like i origionally wanted. anyone use a trailer with that sort of construction?

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
i sent a request for a quote on a trailer via their website a couple weeks ago and never got a response:confused:.

true, you get what you pay for. i found a used trailer that is decent, but the tongue is made from angle iron, not c channel or boxed tubing like i origionally wanted. anyone use a trailer with that sort of construction?
Yup, from 1993 until 2009. Mine was a 16x8.5. Always wished it was just a little longer.

·
Registered
378 Posts
if you want to go used, try craigslist, you never know. last year i bought my big- tex 18 ft solid deck steel trailer, 5 chrome rims and tires, brakes the whole nine, in great shape for 1500 bucks. i lucked out but you might too, never know

·
Cheapskate 1ST Class
1,461 Posts
wrong time of the year to buy a trailer on the cheap, try Oct Nov Dec ..
go for a trailer with what you want and have cash and you should be able to get a nice one...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
those all aluminum trailers are nice, but if i was going to spend that kind of money, i'd probably start looking harder at an enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
One other feature to consider. On some trailers when you try to open the car driver's door the trailer fender is in the way. A friend of mine had a trailer with removable fenders. He would take off the driver's side before getting in/out of the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts