Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark Cooper and Gary Caultrider, the plaintiffs that have kept Onondaga Dragway from operating this year via a nuisance civil suit, were required by the court to post a $381,000 cash bond to keep their injunction against the track's operation in place from now until the end of the season.

They chose to do so and as a result the track will not be opening pending the outcome of the civil trial in January. If the track prevails in the civil case they will collect the bond as compensation for lost revenue due to the injunction.

In short, the plaintiffs are willing to risk almost $400K simply to keep the track closed for another three months.

Don't kid yourself, this suit is not about sound. It is about a small group of individuals that have been opposed to the track for years trying to impose their will on the vast majority that are in favor of Onondaga Dragway.

After an attempt to block the issuance of a special use permit failed and a civil suit arguing improper zoning was thrown out of court the "sound nuisance' suit is what they are going to hang their hat on for now.

·
Board certified
19,638 Posts
Crying shame....that track is where I started drag racing at back in the 60s......hell I used to live just down the street and it was a rare race day when I wasn't there.......

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
Mark Cooper and Gary Caultrider, the plaintiffs that have kept Onondaga Dragway from operating this year via a nuisance civil suit, were required by the court to post a $381,000 cash bond to keep their injunction against the track's operation in place from now until the end of the season.

They chose to do so and as a result the track will not be opening pending the outcome of the civil trial in January. If the track prevails in the civil case they will collect the bond as compensation for lost revenue due to the injunction.

In short, the plaintiffs are willing to risk almost $400K simply to keep the track closed for another three months.

Don't kid yourself, this suit is not about sound. It is about a small group of individuals that have been opposed to the track for years trying to impose their will on the vast majority that are in favor of Onondaga Dragway.

After an attempt to block the issuance of a special use permit failed and a civil suit arguing improper zoning was thrown out of court the "sound nuisance' suit is what they are going to hang their hat on for now.
the citizens in support of the track should raise a asshole nuisance suit against those two fucking jackasses.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
same old same old-people move in to an area, then try and change it to suit them

·
Registered
353 Posts
What a shame . the crew trying to run / open the track have probably busted ass to make it happen! My dad and uncle raced there and I was looking forward to doing the same.
Those two guys don't live within 5 miles of the track that are bitching.

Gonna have to leave some rubber in front of their houses !

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Sounds like maybe a "car show" should be held within earshot of their houses..

·
The Dude Abides
18,430 Posts
Sounds like maybe a "car show" should be held within earshot of their houses..
Absolutely! 2 or three times a week should do it. Every car should have signs in the rear window "Rather be racing at Onondaga!"

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
Find out what business's they own and start a big boycott of them .Make them hurt and know why its happening.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The track is set to re-open Saturday August 12th, 2017. It was a long 4 year battle that has ended in favor of the track. Just wanted to update you all that were concerned!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts