Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

On the afternoon of May 3, Wang Moumou, deputy director of the hydrogenation workshop, arranged the operation of the No. 1 hydrogenation reactor. At 13:41 the manhole of No. 1 hydrogenator was opened. Wang then gradually opened the vacuum valve on the kettle three times, causing a large amount of air to be sucked into the No. 1 hydrogenation reactor to form an explosive mixed gas with the ethanol vapor in the kettle. Then Wang Mou went to the mouth of the kettle, and rinsed the paddles of the No. 1 hydrogenator and the residual catalyst on the wall. During the rinsing process, the No. 1 hydrogenation kettle flashed, and Wang Moumou was "bumped" by the explosion shock wave.

Wang Moumou violated the regulations. In the state where the manhole of No. 1 hydrogenator was opened, it was not filled with nitrogen gas protection, but the vacuum pump was turned on, causing a large amount of air to be sucked into the reaction vessel to form an explosive mixed gas with ethanol vapor, and the catalyst Raney nickel was exposed to air. Spontaneous combustion, causing flash explosion, is the direct cause of the accident.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,528 Posts
Think he walked it off?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
That had to pretty much strip the flesh off the top half of his body.
Never saw it coming.

·
Registered
20,849 Posts
He must have “stuck” to the ceiling....I never did see a body come down.....unless it was some of those pieces raining down.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It stated it was ethanol vapor in the kettle. Shouldn't an Alky fuel fire/explosion have been clear/blue flame?....
Having been around industrial kettles/tanks in breweries and industrial plants with that large flanged access, I shudder to think how many cubic feet of A:F were in that potato gun's breech !

·
Registered
14,521 Posts
I just don't see the humor in this some of you do, but carry on, I am sure your parents/children are very proud your behavior.

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A good part of why China kicks our asses in USA's manufacturing is safety is not part of their package.

I just don't see the humor in this some of you do, but carry on, I am sure your parents/children are very proud your behavior.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,388 Posts
DAMN...THAT WAS QUICK

1 - 20 of 35 Posts