Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally agree with the requirements you have to have for safety driving a really fast car.The fire suit,neck brace,gloves,shoes, socks,etc.

On a really nice warm summer day,I just don't see me dressing for success like that and enjoying myself.I am very sure I could drive and get back my comp license again.But I'm not caught up in all that just to be a drag racer and drive my car rounds.

Not rich by any means,but this is my retirement ride where costs are not a factor given it might be my last shot. I will do wherever it takes to reach my goals.........just not the fastest car out there that day at the track...........

·
Registered
325 Posts
So now your gonna have a 15 second street car and a new 50K truck
C'mon, 84 Z28, you must know 10-flat and/or 150 MPH are the benchmarks for having to have a competition license, upgraded driving suit, certed cage and a buncha other stuff.

It gets real expensive to run 9.999 and quicker and not getting booted off a strip.

If you're not well versed in the rules and the associated costs, ask your dad.

I understand the OP's decision, one I made several years ago.

Not trying to be a smart-ass, but you don't consider low 10's @ 130+ quick and fast?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts

·
Non me ne frega un cazzo
32,867 Posts
C'mon, 84 Z28, you must know 10-flat and/or 150 MPH are the benchmarks for having to have a competition license, upgraded driving suit, certed cage and a buncha other stuff.

It gets real expensive to run 9.999 and quicker and not getting booted off a strip.

Not trying to be a smart-ass, but you don't consider low 10's @ 130+ quick and fast?
Lol ask my dad

·
Registered
471 Posts
That's the same reason I don't move up to S/G.........I thought the MPH was 135 and up, I am staying just under that at 132-134.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
one reason why I don't go fast ......MONEY !!!! I just can't afford it.

·
Mother Hen
51,607 Posts

Haha. You would have to spend a little time in TOBT to understand Z28's response. It's kind of an ongoing saga. Sorta like a soap opera.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Haha. You would have to spend a little time in TOBT to understand Z28's response. It's kind of an ongoing saga. Sorta like a soap opera.
Gosh, Dear, I'm on here every day, all day. 'Have been for several years.

If some of the posters have underlying agendas, I mostly wouldn't be aware of that.

The posters who blatantly attack others? I see those and move right along.

By the way, I'm on here to primarily glean technical info.

Have a super sparkly day!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I like to go fast and dont really mind the sweat dripping down my neck while I am suited up in the staging lanes. I guess I am just used to it. No big deal. But if you want to go slower that is your choice. Hell, at least you are racing and doing it and not just typing on some computer keyboard on a drag racing site.

Oh wait........................ Shit, nevermind

·
Mother Hen
51,607 Posts
Gosh, Dear, I'm on here every day, all day. 'Have been for several years.

If some of the posters have underlying agendas, I mostly wouldn't be aware of that.

The posters who blatantly attack others? I see those and move right along.

By the way, I'm on here to primarily glean technical info.

Have a super sparkly day!
Lol. I wasn't trying to be a smartass. Consider it more of a public service message. Sparkly day back at ya.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
OP, I guess you are saying that you dont like to sit in a hot vehicle wearing all the necessary gear required for a fast ride? I agree,it does suck. I have almost panicked from being so damn hot a couple times while sitting in the car.

·
Non me ne frega un cazzo
32,867 Posts
I like to go fast and dont really mind the sweat dripping down my neck while I am suited up in the staging lanes. I guess I am just used to it. No big deal. But if you want to go slower that is your choice. Hell, at least you are racing and doing it and not just typing on some computer keyboard on a drag racing site.

Oh wait........................ Shit, nevermind
LMAO

1 - 20 of 52 Posts