Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rules say, fenders ,doors, hatch , think there would be an issue with a one piece front end . headlights will be mounted to the car , rules state no light removal , bought a car to run and want to make sure its a go on the front or ill just get some fenders and such thanks

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
We have several cars out there set up like that. The key is that you really can't tell they are set up that way until you see them in the pits.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
So there are cars with tastefully done 1pc front ends in the class John? I honestly didn't know that.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
So there are cars with tastefully done 1pc front ends in the class John? I honestly didn't know that.
The hood must be seperate from the clip.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Gotcha! I wasn't sure if it was like that 10.5 loophole where the guys cut the hood out but screw it back down and it never comes off. That's not bad then. I thought I missed a major progression here somewhere. Oh and of course it can't be stretched. (Blownbird) Don't even ask.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Gotcha! I wasn't sure if it was like that 10.5 loophole where the guys cut the hood out but screw it back down and it never comes off. That's not bad then. I thought I missed a major progression here somewhere. Oh and of course it can't be stretched. (Blownbird) Don't even ask.
He just needs that updated 1991 Firebird nose! LOL

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
I know. I just didn't want him reading into anything then saying it was open to interpretation. You gotta watch that whole Rhodes camp down there.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Now wait, just trying to be clear, the hood is separate from the front clip on a lot of the 10.5 cars just screwed down with lots of little fasteners to a piece of metal also attached to the fenders, as you know. Now is that separate from the clip because it has been cut off the clip and reattached semi-permanently or do you mean, which I am sure you do, attached with a half dozen or so zeus tabs so that the hood can be removed in the pits. Not that it matters in the name of weight but x275 cars that you have to remove the whole front clip to work on or pull plugs is not the look you are going for.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
This is the key here..........it is a seperate piece...........or is it a "quickly removable" piece. Personally I don't see where it matters. If you allow one piece front ends, why do you care if the hood will come off seperately. There is no illusion to anyone that these are street cars anymore. Wings, chutes, pro-stock hoodscoops, lexan windows............so I doubt anyone cares if the hood comes off

Monte

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
i think if they allow 1 piece frt end the hood must be EASILY REMOVABLE and head lights should still be factory..........

·
Registered
303 Posts
This is the key here..........it is a seperate piece...........or is it a "quickly removable" piece. Personally I don't see where it matters. If you allow one piece front ends, why do you care if the hood will come off seperately. There is no illusion to anyone that these are street cars anymore. Wings, chutes, pro-stock hoodscoops, lexan windows............so I doubt anyone cares if the hood comes off

Monte
We finally have a winner, thats why the class should be called outlaw 275!

·
Registered
855 Posts
yea this class should really be called outlaw 275, especially with the lack of restrictions on motor combos...

·
X275 Derby Winner!
2,839 Posts
I know. I just didn't want him reading into anything then saying it was open to interpretation. You gotta watch that whole Rhodes camp down there.
I am already seeing "stretched/extended" front ends in X275, so what that tells me is it is open to interpretation...
What we are starting to see now is people taking advantage and capitolizing on the "grey area's". I know it is nearly impossible to thoroughly tech 40+ cars at a one day event, and sometimes things get through that maybe shouldn't, but now we are starting see people blatently break simple to police rules...
John is doing a phenominal job of promoting and getting sponsors for us, now he needs to deputize a few good guys and gals to ensure this great class of his and the racers in it don't get out of line!!

Just my humble oppinion...
DonB.

·
Registered
303 Posts
John take the motor rules and throw them out the window for 1 weekend and have it to where you can run what you brung as long as you are on a 275 and i will bet that the cars might be a tenth faster if that! And trust me Mr Matt i am not bitching about the class at all because i dont run it. I just dont see how this is a stock suspension, motor ruled street class thats all, just stating facts!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts