Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUCK I'm tempted Click the link, more photos

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/spokane-1970-road-runner-code4spsuper/6824416820.html

1970 Road Runner/V-Code,4sp,Super Track Pack,BUILD SHEET. - $73000 (Lethbridge)

Rotisseried...10/69hp2 block,very correct,ordered as a light weight drag car.
1 of 429 ,2 door post,4 speed 6bbl cars built.Original Fender Tag.
Documented by the broadcast sheet.History as a Canadian car.
Built to factory order.Awesome car for a collection.
Car is in Lethbridge,Ab,Canada.
Can be shipped with ease... anywhere!
Its the right colour...and a very rare SUPER TRACK PACK, 4 SPEED ,6 BBL RUNNER.
Inspections welcome.Thanks for looking.$73000usa dollars obo.
Calls only.Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
17,221 Posts
Does look very nice. When your only going to pay for a few options, the original buyer did a good job of picking good ones.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was supposed to have the tic-tok tach or whatever it was called. When I bought it from a friend with about 30K on the clock, the tach was handed to me in a box, he just got it back from Mopar. Was supposed to have been warranteed. After that, a Sun tach lived in that hole for a time, and later on, a Jones/Motrola cable drive

·
Registered
37,582 Posts
First thing I'd do is install a factory tach in it. Nice car. Hard to imagine spending 70+ grand on it...although I spent 70+ grand on the Mopar I'm currently driving, so there's that.

Also be aware there's a fair amount of bullshit involved in buying a Canadian vehicle and importing it into the United States. Best to employ the services of a customs broker, so you wind up with the proper documentation you'll need to register the vehicle here.

·
Registered
17,221 Posts
I love those big square body mopars. But why would you try to sell a car like that on Craigslist?
Ummmmmmm.....because craigslist is free, and reaches a lot of people! Here we are talking about in on the Internet...Clist seems to be working.

·
Registered
17,221 Posts
And just in case anyone is wondering, it's obviously not a matching numbers engine... No huge deal for that money, as long as all other aspects check out.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
First thing I'd do is install a factory tach in it. Nice car. Hard to imagine spending 70+ grand on it...although I spent 70+ grand on the Mopar I'm currently driving, so there's that.

Also be aware there's a fair amount of bullshit involved in buying a Canadian vehicle and importing it into the United States. Best to employ the services of a customs broker, so you wind up with the proper documentation you'll need to register the vehicle here.

Its best/easiest to get the owner to bring the car across....then buy it.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
OP, you are old enough to remember that the Roadrunner was a cheap ass car. A ton of them were sold as a economy type car. This is a beautiful restoration and would be a fun ride.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I saw you posted that over at FABO too.
I'll repeat...
A 440 6 barrel, 4 speed car with no tach??? It cracks me up that high performance cars were built with no tachometer or rev limiter! No wonder so many owners scattered the original engines and have been found without them years later.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
That car is only 6 hours from me. It is a beautiful restoration, at the same time it isnt worth $75K. It's a fucking car, they are the worst investment you will ever make. He will be married to that thing for a long time.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I saw you posted that over at FABO too.
I'll repeat...
A 440 6 barrel, 4 speed car with no tach??? It cracks me up that high performance cars were built with no tachometer or rev limiter! No wonder so many owners scattered the original engines and have been found without them years later.
100% yes

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP, you are old enough to remember that the Roadrunner was a cheap ass car. A ton of them were sold as a economy type car. This is a beautiful restoration and would be a fun ride.

If I had a bit more money I'd love to have a clone. Satellite built, with a G3 hemi. These days I'd have to have an auto because of my legs, but you bet. My favorite car.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,105 Posts
Look at the orangepeel on that fucker tho...:confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts