comp cam 249-12-908-9 soild roller cam
lift: .630''/.630''
duration: 300/308
comp cam chromoly push rods
mls cometic head gaskets
ARP head studs
mildon 7qt oil pan and pickup pan stud kit windage tray
sniper 800 efi or 750
* afr 220 59cc angle milled competition heads with crower ss shaft mount rocker arm system and the strip dominator 300-25. These will be sent out for port matching*
Thoughts?..

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hopefully that cam isn't too much of a turd big? I'll give it a go. At 2500lbs me in it on the brake with 5.13s hopefully she scoots?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Those new heads will be a MASSIVE upgrade! See no point in changing the camshaft.
Be sure to check piston/valve clearance, as the new heads have much larger valves than the old ones.
Have fun!

·
Registered
17,214 Posts
Hopefully that cam isn't too much of a turd big? I'll give it a go. At 2500lbs me in it on the brake with 5.13s hopefully she scoots?

Those AFR 220's give you several individual options going forward now. 1st up for me would be a cam change after you find out what's already there.

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Just the way it sits, with a carburetor that works, and the right tuning, that thing ought to see 600 hp, or better. Decent heads, with a lot of cubic engines.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nice to hear Randy. Squeezing it pretty good for sure, I'll be sure to check piston/valve clearance. Bit freaked about that Mike. No shortage of compression lol.

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Nice to hear Randy. Squeezing it pretty good for sure, I'll be sure to check piston/valve clearance. Bit freaked about that Mike. No shortage of compression lol.
With those pistons, and that cam, I’d be awfully surprised if you came anywhere close to too little clearance.

·
Registered
26,536 Posts
Awesome. 13.something to 1?
Most pistons, unless you ordered them with custom valve relief depths, will have plenty of clearance. If they’re shelf stock pistons. I don’t care what the advertised compression ratio is. But do check. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Confirmed combo..
385 ci sbc stroker
Gm 010 block
scat 4340 crank 3.75" stroke
ARP main stud kit (with tray standoffs)
scat I beam rods 6"
ARP 2000 rod bolts
4.040" bore
SRP dome race pistons Hellfire rings
superduty piston pin upgrade
King race bearings
melling high volume oil pump
comp cam 249-12-908-9 soild roller cam
lift: .630''/.630''
duration: 300/308
comp cam chromoly push rods
mls cometic head gaskets
ARP head studs
mildon 7qt oil pan and pickup pan stud kit windage tray
sniper 800 efi or 750
* afr 220 59cc angle milled competition heads with crower ss shaft mount rocker arm system and the strip dominator 300-25. These will be sent out for port matching*
Thoughts?..
Little update. Picked up a sniper 2x4 for fueling duties. Liked my single so much i bought two more lol. Not sure how much of a difference it will make but looks pretty funky.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
You been had...that Chinese intake is a total loser.

Don't even bother bolting it on....get rid of it pronto.

I can hardly believe Holley management would stoop so low is to sell a part so worthless to anyone but a riced up bling king. How far the mighty have fallen....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thats too bad. I'll let you know how it goes Eric. Didn't like yours?
Never was dumb enough to buy one....did enough research to know it flows like crap and has extremely poor mixture distribution....ProComp was the first to introduce that crap, if that tells you anything.

What do you think that extremely angle runner flow does when it has to turn that corner and head down the intake port in the head.

Stevie Wonder could see how bad that flows.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So you're speaking without first hand knowledge? I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt then. Anybody can pass judgement on something they have zero experience with. Thanks for the rant. Cheers!

·
Registered
54,910 Posts
I dont know about the SBC sniper, but the SBF has ports so small at the flange that it will only feed a stock head. Its a turd in anything outside of a mild stocker.

And there is little room to make the runners bigger.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Yea, the tiny sheetmetal intakes sold under the 'Sniper' name by Holley are junk. Tiny runners and terrible angles. You're far better off with a single carb, or going with a tried and true cast tunnel ram. If you're set on the 2x4 setup, do some research... and it will go a long way. The Sniper is for the 'car show' and street rod crew.
Good Luck

21 - 40 of 41 Posts