Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Jay,
As Denny said, I like to leave it deadheaded. I would do as excel said and make sure the solenoid isn't lealing fuel when it's closed. remember, pressure holds the solenoids closed as well, so again, the built up pressure should not be an issue. Also, as far as it creeping up to 10, 15, or wherever, if you have a regulator that will react properly when opened (like the Holley 12-803) it will blast that built up pressure into the system and level right out at the set pressure. When the nitrous is at 900-1000 PSI, that little kick behind the fuels not all bad !!;) Just my two cents... SJ

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Denny,
Thanks !!!! hell, we even honeymooned at the Superbowl race in Joliet this past weekend !!! :p Now you can see a small wonderful part of why I married her !! ;)

Jay,
I would just make sure the regulators in great shape and you'll be OK. I used to run mine on a log with 38-40 PSI against them before I knew better... LOl SJ

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Also, looking back at your picture and how far the regulator is turned in, it looks like it should be set at about 8-9 PSI ?? If it's set at 5-7 and has to be turned down that far I would replace it now. The springs do get weak over time and hurt it's ability to react.. SJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.