Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wrong Hole Racing
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just got a piston from venolia. i knew it would be fairly pricey because i only got one. the price for the piston was $165 which included gas ports and rod clearence. heres the odd part. i was charged $23 to ship from cali to bham. thats regular ground for a small, light weight box. i also got charged $15 bucks for a drop ship fee to a business. here is the part that makes no sense, i got nailed with a $6 haz mat charge. wtf is that for? dude at venolia said, and i quote, "thats a california state tax for anything we can't flush or put down the drain"

so in total i have one piston that's $191 and change

comments from anyone

like i said, i knew i would pay more for one piston but dam

·
Registered
865 Posts
alot of companies anymore are marking up shipping and do make you pay extra for a drop ship the tax? i have no idea

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Did they

Did they at least ship you some Astroglide with that Ass-Phuckin or did they expect you to just take it dry?

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
Were the Venolias gold plated? 165 a peice is steep
I just recieved a set of Diamonds today to replace my burnt JE's...Beefier than the previous piston and less cash out of my pocket too.......

·
Wrong Hole Racing
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did they at least ship you some Astroglide with that Ass-Phuckin or did they expect you to just take it dry?

Nope, I took it dry like I was fresh fish in cell block 6! :Sheep

I said the same thing about California having some stupid tax but then I called a local engine shop and they say they got a set of Venolia's today - no drop ship fee, no hazard tax. Who knows??? I have decided if the motor eats another piston I will buy a set off the shelf from someone else. Live and learn I guess!

·
Wrong Hole Racing
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
look at this this way
you needed a piston
you got a piston
your car is back and ready to go
191 bucks is a piss in the ocean when you add what you already spent on the car

I agree 100%. Thats a drop in the bucket. But it still hurts my feelings a little bit! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Micah ... I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day. The subject of Lassiter Mnt. came up & we were wondering what ever happened to some of the old gang ... Bill Gleggs? (best I can remember that was his name, silver 99 Mustang) / Dominique, did he ever do anything after his wreck? Money Pledger? (bought one of my buddies old cars, orange & white coupe).

There was also two guys from up that way that came down here to Selma some, one with a clean white 69 Camaro & the other with a white 68 - 73 Nova. I can't remember there names for anything. All of these were probably running 8-10 years ago.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I see im not the only this has happened to i got 4 from them. The next time i needed some i got 10 from Diamond for the same price. Never had any problems with there pistons just all there add on prices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts