Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted this on ls1 tech but I figured you guys would like the information as well. And considering they have already treated me like crap over not sending me my vbands for the wastegates I have no qualms over posting this video.

I built this kit as a way to learn how to fabricate and used these 76mm's because they are cheap, well lesson learned. Look forward to graduating and having money to spend on quality turbos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj7k1KFap-0

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I don't really know how. I mean if you are selling junk products you should at least be nice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no doubt, I look at it as a learning opportunity I wouldn't have been able to learn or build the turbo system with out access to cheap parts. I can get another one from a friend but I barely have enough time to go out and start the car much less race it so the whole system will probably just be rebuilt (when I graduate) using stainless steel, and a pair of bw or garretts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow that is junk. Must have been the five year olds first day on the job when he built the turbo.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
on your build the turbo on the drivers side in the vid looks like it is locking up ... or is it just me

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i think turbos made in the likes of on3 and the other china turbos would be good if a person had skillz like reed at work turbo who really has ability to work them over with other parts. i was so afraid to buy them myself when you see the price of a good turbo then you run into these your like hell yes ..... for me a had to look at what i spent in my engine .... its not a big dog set up but for my pocket it felt like it was .... then all the work to plumb them up only to fire up and cant even make a pull on it or fear of them blowing up ....... if that turbo comes a loose all that trash will kill the engine in no time ........its like a person with a stock 350 and puts a 250 shot on nitrous on it ,,,, it will feel good untill you knock the bottom out of it lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an On3 kit on my mustang but i have upgraded the turbo and such. Haven’t had any issues. Only issues i ever had was the wastegate stuck a couple times on the dyno but once the car actually got driven i didn’t have the issue. Car set for over a year without being driving so assuming that was why the WG has issues. Def have heard a lot of horrier stories though so GL hopefully everything works out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts