EMPIRE DRAGWAY

OPENING DAY

SWAP MEET

4/22/17

·
Pin-Up Girl In Progress
28,877 Posts
Re: On Track - Events Section

Byron Dragway is hosting the Meltdown Drags ...July 14-16 2017 ...The Meltdown website says that registration is full already .....

I was contemplating going this year and entering the pin-up contest as well as the back up girl contest but, ain't gonna happen.
Maybe next year, since I'll be closer once I move to Michigan.

Just posting a pic to go with Larry84GT's post since I know pics are helpful in remembering stuff :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Always wanted to go to this event but it goes by without me realizing it. Thanks for the heads up. ;)
You are welcome. Registration on line is open now.

Are you in the MA area? I am 15 min from this event and have gone the past 3 times. It is a short track, but lots of fun and a good mix of cars.

·
42,718 Posts
You are welcome. Registration on line is open now.

Are you in the MA area? I am 15 min from this event and have gone the past 3 times. It is a short track, but lots of fun and a good mix of cars.
I'm in RI,....not sure how far it is from me.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Sterling, MA is about 1 hr max from Providence RI. I have done it in 45 min with no traffic.

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
46,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
first anra race of the year this weekend at famoso.we would be runnin but thanks to ltr,no motor.after 2 years.thanks lanny ya prick.will be there helpin 2 ne1 cars.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
South East Gassers at Shadyside Dragway April 29. Shelby N.C. This is the organization that Quain Stott started for period correct gassers. As of now they have 61, period correct, 4 speed, manual shift, gassers, pre entered for this race in 3 classes. A,C,and D gas cars will race within their class, HEADS UP, NO INDEX, first to the finish line wins !!! The classed are broke down in weight to cubic inches. No modern electronics, as in no two steps or any other devices to help get you down the track, I think they even outlawed shift lights this year LOL. If you like true old school gasser racing. you really shouldnt miss this !!! Some of the cars are actually gassers fron the 60's. If you're thinking this will be bunch of old, boring, slow cars, you will be very wrong. Plenty of vids on Facebook and YouTube. southeastgassers.com

21 - 40 of 108 Posts