Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if someone worked at a job that did random drug testing and they took a vacation and went camping .... while there he ran into some old friends and smoked a joint with them... then went back to work a week later ...why should he get fired ... i dont see how this could have hurt is company in anyway ....what do you think

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
yes....file 13, shit canned. rules are rules... they knew when they were hired of the consequences. it's called "Integrity"

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
7,803 Posts
Personally, I dont give a shit what someone does in their off hrs as long as it doesnt effect their performance and they stay out of trouble.. Other than that, they can do whatever they want when on their time, on my time they better be ready to go and get shit done.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Thats how people get hurt and/or killed. I would also call him a dumb motherfucker. Knew about the testing and did it anyway.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
if someone worked at a job that did random drug testing and they took a vacation and went camping .... while there he ran into some old friends and smoked a joint with them... then went back to work a week later ...why should he get fired ... i dont see how this could have hurt is company in anyway ....what do you think
I think it's BS either way, because what you do at home is your own business regardless...

But I also know that if I had a job worth keeping, and knew they done randoms, I would stay clean:-KFCD

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats how people get hurt and/or killed. I would also call him a dumb motherfucker. Knew about the testing and did it anyway.
how could smoking a joint one week prior get someone hurt ...do you know what weed is?

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
how could smoking a joint one week prior get someone hurt ...do you know what weed is?
why do you ask a question about other people's opinion and then argue the answers. especially if it breaks the rules of employment

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
If he only shared a joint with them and went back to work a week later it's really doubtful it would even show up.

I personaly don't care if someone wants to burn one on their time but there will be no second chances for doing it on the job or for that matter going out and having a liquid lunch like so many do. Have a drink at lunch and I'll have your final paycheck waiting when you get back!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I won a race on a saturday night and back at the hotel and smoked a joint with friends , got randomed on monday and was fired wednesday. Told the boss who got me the job the truth but it was a zero policy. Bad part was he used to own the company that the corporation bought, and he created the job for me when I was out of work. Mr fuckin douchebag here. I really wish I had scattered the engine on the first time pass!!!

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
why do you ask a question about other people's opinion and then argue the answers. especially if it breaks the rules of employment
ok eddie haskell ...stay true to the name

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If you know your job does random testing and you decide to partake in drug usage while on vacation, you obviously care more about your high than your job. You took the job knowing there was random testing, bottom line. If you failed the test because you smoked pot, your loss.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Policy is policy. What makes you any different than someone else that failed. You may know that it's harmless, but how does your employer?

·
Administrator
136,816 Posts
A great buzz from alcohol lasts much longer than a great high off weed.. And you never wake up with a hangover on weed.. Yet weed is the root to all evil.. And alcohol is A-OK because Jesus was a drunk so it's all good.. :p

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
No. I was born nast night and have been under a rock all morning. :rolleyes:
If it's in your system it still has an affect on you. Thats why the test is in place.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
It is againist the law, do you want people working for you that break the law? do you want to invest time and money into training someone that stands the chance of getting arrested and puttin you and your company at risk? i don't, it's the rules if you break em them well then you are on your own as far as i am concerned, now i know a lot of guys that are looking forward to retiring and smoking the biggest blunt they can buy and like i tell em --go for it i do not blame or condem them one little bit,,,, :-weed

·
broke phucker
5,523 Posts
Zero tolerance, it is in most corporate policies. My guys get randomed once a qtr. so they always have to be ready for it and know that it could be them getting called in for it. I had to fire 2 of my best employees due to failing a random. But my guys have cdl's so it is much more serious with that.

·
Administrator
136,816 Posts
It is againist the law, do you want people working for you that break the law? do you want to invest time and money into training someone that stands the chance of getting arrested and puttin you and your company at risk? i don't, it's the rules if you break em them well then you are on your own as far as i am concerned, now i know a lot of guys that are looking forward to retiring and smoking the biggest blunt they can buy and like i tell em --go for it i do not blame or condem them one little bit,,,, :-weed
So someone should be fired for getting a seat belt ticket also? I mean it is after all breaking the law :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 268 Posts