Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ran this turbo kit for a foxbody? Its from a local place here in columbus they sale alot of stuff on ebay. Which is why i ask how cheap is it lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
A friend of mine put one of the On3 kits on a SN95 302 powered car that fit and worked well. He was pleased enough with it that he is going to put 1 on his 97 Cobra in the near future. I have heard to stay away from the stainless kits from On3, they are bad about cracking.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well im running a vortech with about 15lbs of boost but if i can go turbo for $1500 count me in...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
i ran one on my last setup. the only problem is the cheap vbands, you have to put a lil copper silcone between them.. other than that they are good lil kits..

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Well im running a vortech with about 15lbs of boost but if i can go turbo for $1500 count me in...
You will never go turbo for $1,500!!! Trust me

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You will never go turbo for $1,500!!! Trust me
China says you can. I have one of these kits and it is awesome. 9's are possible right out of the box!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
So, you get everything to make your car turbo for $1,500. What comes with the kit for 1500????? hot side, cold side , turbo, wastegate, blowoff valve, intercooler,etc.....??????

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
you can get it with everything, and upgrade the turbo to a MP for around $18-1900 shipped.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
looks like a nice little kit
for that mony i would do it
hell when i pick up my wife's vert. i will get one for her car

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Check the Corral that will help your decision. On StlMustangs there is a few guys running their kit. The search is your friend lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
The on3 turbos work,64fatblock on here ran 10.15 with a stock shortblock, holley heads and a blowthru carb with an on3 70mm in his wagon.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I know the guy who owns the company, the kit is proven their are many kits sold and will make plenty of power to split your block down the middle. He has revised the kit as time goes on to curb the problems people encounter, for less then 2500 you can have this kit and supporting mods and a tune make 500+ to the wheels, not bad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know the guy who owns the company, the kit is proven their are many kits sold and will make plenty of power to split your block down the middle. He has revised the kit as time goes on to curb the problems people encounter, for less then 2500 you can have this kit and supporting mods and a tune make 500+ to the wheels, not bad.
Yes Chad at On3 is a super nice guy! If you call he will take care of you if you really want one. I know a few people running the kit and they are happy. Ive seen 10.70s with the kit on a pretty much bolt on car and driven all the time.

Best bet is to call Chad and talk to him and see what he can do for you. I know what he priced one to me for and it was under 1500 and with the MP 76 upgrade it was just over 1500. Now you will go a little deeper if you buy the supporting PMAS, fuel pump, injectors and so on.

·
Registered
535 Posts
well, considering MP turbos are budget turbos themselves and are about $500 brand new and it is a $400 upgrade from the base turbo...that just goes to show how much of a pile of crap the base turbo kit is. $100 new turbo? no thanks.

plus, i have heard alot of horror stories about on3. unless you put more work into it. but its not a bolt on and go with no worries kit.

if you were going with a cheap turbo kit and do a few upgrades, id go with this one and buy two small mp turbos for about the same price.
http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/product.php?productid=16850&cat=532&page=1

·
Registered
56 Posts
well, considering MP turbos are budget turbos themselves and are about $500 brand new and it is a $400 upgrade from the base turbo...that just goes to show how much of a pile of crap the base turbo kit is. $100 new turbo? no thanks.

plus, i have heard alot of horror stories about on3. unless you put more work into it. but its not a bolt on and go with no worries kit.

if you were going with a cheap turbo kit and do a few upgrades, id go with this one and buy two small mp turbos for about the same price.
http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/product.php?productid=16850&cat=532&page=1
Have you owned one or no somebody that does?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
i've had good luck with install, havent ran car yet, still apart cause of other upgrades. i did up grade, fuel pump, rails, injs, and reg. 302 w/ performer upper/lower intake, performer heads and 70mm tb. i hope to dip into the low 11's

1 - 20 of 30 Posts