1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49,825 Posts
This is like asking who has the cheapest BMW

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Just putting I out there. If I was going to pay 1200-1300 for Oliver I would go ahead an spend a few hundred more an buy Carrillos.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Never found an oliver in a cup motor. I have seen several pairs of Olivers fail in some of your fellow SQ racers engines. Carman an Big Al have both broke olivers. Carrillo set the standard years ago IMO. Not many people use them because of the price. I dont know that a Oliver is a whole lot better then an eagle with an L19 bolt

·
Butch
8,207 Posts
Never found an oliver in a cup motor. I have seen several pairs of Olivers fail in some of your fellow SQ racers engines. Carman an Big Al have both broke olivers. Carrillo set the standard years ago IMO. Not many people use them because of the price. I dont know that a Oliver is a whole lot better then an eagle with an L19 bolt
Carrillo and Crower make the best rods, at least IMO from what I have used. Dyer's is very nice but only seen/used 1 set.

Agree, hard to beat an Eagle for an H beam and hard to beat Scat Pro Comp I beam rods in stroker engines (383, 406, 421 etc)

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
You might look into the Callies Ultra I beam. I have quite a few sets in service out there and no issues that I know of.
If wanting to run an I beam, that is the direction I would go.

·
Super Moderator
35,282 Posts
It's good to see the thread migrate towards a tech thread. However, this is not a bidding forum for best prices. Please do not make these types of posts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.