Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone know how long it takes to Oliver send a set of rods after they say they have it in stock and send it the same day of the order ?

they dont give me any tracking # , I send it 2 email nothing , I leave a message nothing , they are the best charging fast !!the seller only say
if the package does not arrive this Friday 29, then come Monday, if not on Tuesday, if not on Wednesday, if not on Thursday or maybe next Friday

what they use to ship UPS or FEDEX ??
thanks in advance

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
Did you order directly from them ? Ohio crankshaft is where I got mine ( speedy service and great technical advice ) they shipped on time .

·
I feared for my life!!!
14,663 Posts
Did you order directly from them ?
Probably ordered them from a low-balling "basement bandit" who then gets them drop shipped from Oliver.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
were ordered at noon ( monday 25 / 11am-12pm )
but they do same day delivery ?
and what company they use for shipping ( UPS / FEDEX) ?
I want to know when it comes aprox. because, if is nobody at home to receive the package, UPS leaves the package at the door , you understand me ;)

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
were ordered at noon ( monday 25 / 11am-12pm )
but they do same day delivery ?
and what company they use for shipping ( UPS / FEDEX) ?
I want to know when it comes aprox. because, if is nobody at home to receive the package, UPS leaves the package at the door , you understand me ;)
If they can't give you a tracking number, they probably used a USPS "if it fits it ships box".

·
Registered
13,298 Posts
I live about 5 minutes from them, they do good work, but they could care less about the little guy.

Brian, I dis-agree X100. I bought a steel crank from them and sent all my old junk to be balanced. Never tried to sell me anything and said my junk was fine. I wasn't spending very much money with them, but had an excellent experience.

·
Bastardization Engineer
3,614 Posts
Brian, I dis-agree X100. I bought a steel crank from them and sent all my old junk to be balanced. Never tried to sell me anything and said my junk was fine. I wasn't spending very much money with them, but had an excellent experience.
Oh, I don't doubt people have good experiences with them, they would be out of business if people didn't. But, walk into their shop with a plane-jane rebuild and they act like they could give a rats ass. Then there is the little issue of people taking factory steel cranks to them and getting cast cranks back...

I'm not knocking their work. I know someone with a blown 383 of theirs and he is extremely happy with it, but from my experiences, they let a lot to be desired.

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,550 Posts
If they can't give you a tracking number, they probably used a USPS "if it fits it ships box".
A good parts supplier I use provides me with the USPS tracking number. ALL packages he sends MUST be signed for. No matter of he uses UPS, USPS Priority, or FedEx.

If I order my parts on Monday night (3am for example) they go out on Tuesday afternoon from Cali and are to me in Ohio on Thursday via USPS, UPS takes until Friday.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mista like you say A GOOD PARTS SUPPLIER !!! last saturday I receive the invoice from Competition Products ,and now 1 week and nothing yet ( after they say Oliver have it in stock and the rods take like 3 days to my place ),, last night the seller say if no came this week maybe the other week if not maybe the other week , and now the manager is waiting to be answered by Oliver anything yet too , and Oliver cant give me any info about my rods :smt084

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
today is July 11 - 2012 ,,
12 days already after I make the order
no rods yet :mad: , more excuses from CompProducts and Oliver both companys suck

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what kind of rods did you order ? something off the wall ?
nothing Special , 6.0" rods , when I make the order they say they have it in stock after 5 days and no rods i call they say oliver dont have it in stock and they have it to make it , later they say it take 2 days to finish it , today say they need 3 days more to finish the rods

1 - 20 of 22 Posts