Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how to tell the difference between olivers big block series n/a rods and there big block max series rods. both series come with wsb bolts and i dont see any part #s on them.they came as a option on a schmidt motor i bought a few years ago as a $800 upgrade but im gonna be spraying more and just want to make sure i have the right stuff in there.thanks sean

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Theres no I.D. on them sean. (you have to mic them, the width of the beam) The Maxi series is about .030 wider then the standard if i remember correctly. i went threw all this before i ordered mine. just call Oliver monday and they will give you the width of both rods.
I think Aluminum would be the right stuff for where your heading to be safer IMO. other spray 500+ with steel rods so i guess its ok, hows many times is the question??? lol

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres no I.D. on them sean. (you have to mic them, the width of the beam) The Maxi series is about .030 wider then the standard if i remember correctly. i went threw all this before i ordered mine. just call Oliver monday and they will give you the width of both rods.
I think Aluminum would be the right stuff for where your heading to be safer IMO. other spray 500+ with steel rods so i guess its ok, hows many times is the question??? lol
yeah the old steal vs alum question.im sure alum with would be but these olivers only have 50 something runs.i tried calling last week but couldnt get a tech on the phone.ill try again this week.

·
Registered
576 Posts
just weigh them....oliver lists the weight of all their rods....no?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt see any weights listed on there site.its a 6.660 length and they only have a part# listed for that length in the n/a series.so its a custom length or schmidt burned me on the oliver billit rod upgrade and put the cheaper n/a rod in.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
didnt see any weights listed on there site.its a 6.660 length and they only have a part# listed for that length in the n/a series.so its a custom length or schmidt burned me on the oliver billit rod upgrade and put the cheaper n/a rod in.
I hope you didn't get burned but I've heard storys about them burning people before. It is costing me a little more but I buy all of my own stuff and get my local machine shop to do the work. I'm just real lucky that my local shop is a guy that I know and they build alot of high dollar super stockers. I sure hope you didn't get screwed out of $800. I hope you have all of your paper work from them. Keep us informed on what happens, good luck with everything. Michael

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they do look like all the other billit olivers ive seen.unless the n/a ones look the same.i asked this a while back and somone said the n/a rods have oliver cast into them which mine dont.im gonna try to get somone on the phone and get the weights just to be sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts