Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since chris went back to being a full time mechanic he took his tools. Our friend rich also needed his tools... so that had us go from 2 boxes to 0 boxes at the garage... i have been looking lightly and found a decent deal and jumped on it... guy said there was a ton of calls in the first half hour of posting it...

Its a craftsman box paid $125... it looks beat but all the drawers work 100% as well as the wheels and locks.

Here is how i got it:

Its an older box it cleaned up ok.

Washed up:

Craftsman liners were $17 for a 6'' roll. I found 3m liners for $4 a roll at walmart

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
Depends on what it's worth to you. You can buy a ball bearing 3 stack set brand new for about $400 during certian periods of the year.......but that's $275ish more.

I say good deal.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the ball bearings were on sale... i was temped to buy a top and bottom box for like $300... I just graduated college but still couldnt spend the $$$ for a nice box... i have a hard time buying things new.

·
Registered
51,357 Posts
yea the ball bearings were on sale... i was temped to buy a top and bottom box for like $300... I just graduated college but still couldnt spend the $$$ for a nice box... i have a hard time buying things new.
Let some other turd pay the $$$$ and pick it up used on the cheap. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
There is a pretty decent Husky Box at Home Depot for $350, it is 40 or 48inches. It is bearing model too.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
good looking box

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
It was a decent buy, but dont overload the drawers. The non ball bearing Craftsman boxes dont hold up worth a damn if you put weight in them.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
You can always be a retard like us Auto Techs and spend upwards of 10k on a Snap-on box.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seriously, why bother. If the one you picked up holds your goods then why spend the jack?????. It's only going to get dirty anyhow.
Thats the other side to it. i dont have many tools to begin with and its at my best friends garage since i dont have one of my own anyway.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Now that's different and you know it. If it's your livelyhood that's one thing....if you need a cabinet to hold your shit for tinkering that's a different matter.
Sometimes I wonder, lol. Any box will hold my tools. But the Snap-on looks good doing it. If I did it all over I would have a cheap box.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just figured id sand down the rust spots and slap some stickers on it and ill be good to go... i ordered enough yellow bullet ones that are waiting to be used anyway

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
I bought pretty much the same top box and a slightly different bottom box for 50.00 about 10 years ago...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I don't regret buying my big box, I got a smoking deal on it for what it was. It will last a lifetime also. I'm just having to pay notes on a fucking toolbox. Ridiculous if you ask me lol......and I already want a nicer one!!!

Mine is a triple bay Matco, blue and chrome, with the thick stainless top on it. If I had to do it all over again, it would be a snap-on box, although quality is about the same between the two (price range wise)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts