Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 65 vette with a 327 that is stock. He wants to do a small vortech supercharger with a blow through deal. Do you guys think it can be made to work under the stock hood.

I know it will probably work with the 427 hood but he's really wanting to keep the stock appearance and not make the car look like something it is not.

I know what some of the purist guys are gonna say about hacking a 65 up but we are not hacking it up. He's 30 years old and it was Dad's so he is gonna keep this car for a LONG time. So we are not particularly concerned with market value. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I don't know if it will fit under a stock hood, but one option could be to buy an aftermarket hand laid sb hood and raise the stinger if height was an issue
That way it would give the appearance of the small block hood, plus you don't cut the original one

·
Aviation Section
25,487 Posts
The mid-year cars have more room (1963-1967) then the 1968-1972 cars and they share the same frame. The 1966 427 Big Block hood is very pretty and the same as the 1965 396 hood and will give additonal clearence but really only over the carb as that is where the bulge is, the 1967 427 hood is actually a mini-cowl and will give more room but is specific only for the 1967 fender gill one year only car and won't look as correct.

Do what you gotta do and say fuck you to the Corvette NCRS guys when they get in your face!

The best motor mount with the most clearence (rubber) is the NAPA #69302, start here and you will have the lowest motor mount possible to give you the best clearence. Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts