Yellow Bullet Forums banner

2881 - 2900 of 2919 Posts

·
T/S 368E
29,924 Posts

·
T/S 368E
29,924 Posts

Yea but Tommy sure was a badass showmen!!!!

Reactions: JHOLE

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Nope, Ivo is acknowledged universally to have the 1st. Look it up. I believe over a decade earlier than Bergler.
You do realize that you just claimed Ivo, with a window hauler, in '59... right..??

It's ok.. I'm not going to " look it up".. mostly due to apathy..

But, just for the future , universally acknowledged info, is what I generally consider accumulated fiction.. It doesn't usually match up with my witnessed history...

But, hey, facts are like good decisions... they both make for bad stories..

·
Registered
18,050 Posts
You do realize that you just claimed Ivo, with a window hauler, in '59... right..??

It's ok.. I'm not going to " look it up".. mostly due to apathy..

But, just for the future , universally acknowledged info, is what I generally consider accumulated fiction.. It doesn't usually match up with my witnessed history...

But, hey, facts are like good decisions... they both make for bad stories..
The world was around a long, long time before 'your witnessed history'. If you didn't see it, it never existed I guess. That's stupid.

·
Registered
18,050 Posts
Always thought I kept up with NHRA Pro Stock fairly well until the last few years. There's been several cars shown on this thread that I'd never seen before. It's also apparent the class was Very Popular early on, with lots of cars running nationwide. I remember going to Indy and over 64+ cars trying to qualify even in the 80's. Now we can't even get a field of 16 cars at every race. Even though they say there's more competitive money poured into the class than ever before. The class appears almost in it's death throws. Dammit! There has to be more than just one reason for it's dramatic decline, so what in the world happened?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Always thought I kept up with NHRA Pro Stock fairly well until the last few years. There's been several cars shown on this thread that I'd never seen before. It's also apparent the class was Very Popular early on, with lots of cars running nationwide. I remember going to Indy and over 64+ cars trying to qualify even in the 80's. Now we can't even get a field of 16 cars at every race. Even though they say there's more competitive money poured into the class than ever before. The class appears almost in it's death throws. Dammit! There has to be more than just one reason for it's dramatic decline, so what in the world happened?
Too many Ivo fans. When he got too old to race, they turned to old pics instead of actually racing... Now they just post on the interwebs and wonder what happened..

2881 - 2900 of 2919 Posts