Yellow Bullet Forums banner

2861 - 2876 of 2876 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I remember if you had a Bock trailer you were "big time". I flat towed to all the NJ tracks in the sixties and early seventies. My first trailer in the late 70's was a Target Trailer out of PA. JD Lobosco

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Considering the bow on that ramp board, that frontend musta been kinda heavy.
I'm not going to say that it might not have been kinda' heavy.... BUT, it's kind of striking that people with the engineering fortitude to create the car - were surely lacking in the department of engineering skills to understand the dynamics of loading it.. I can identify three easy elementary physics issues that would remedy the stress on the "ramp board" in question...

So, also - serious question.. Arfons group ..???

·
Aviation Section
24,820 Posts
They were using aircraft engines on their speed record cars back then as it was the biggest engine available. Dave

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Ivo definitely knew how to promote himself. That trailer was fully lighted at night and made for a great display case. I once pulled into a gas station at the same time and before the truck was finished filling, there must have been at least 100 excited local onlookers gathered around it. I've often thought that racers packing their cars in a plain vanilla box can't create as much excitement for their sport as an open trailer does.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Ivo definitely knew how to promote himself. That trailer was fully lighted at night and made for a great display case. I once pulled into a gas station at the same time and before the truck was finished filling, there must have been at least 100 excited local onlookers gathered around it. I've often thought that racers packing their cars in a plain vanilla box can't create as much excitement for their sport as an open trailer does.
I agree. That was half the fun was seeing cars go by on the way to the track. Usually it was something fancy that showed up in an enclosed trailer.

2861 - 2876 of 2876 Posts