Yellow Bullet Forums banner

2661 - 2680 of 2830 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Back in the 80's, we had a 9' camper on a D250 Dodge. We were Race City's upper middle class in the pits. Now, with a 28' MH and open trailer, we're poverty row.:) We used to pack twice as many cars into Race City's pits as can now fit in a bigger space at Castrol or Rimbey. Strangely enough, 40' motorhomes and 30' trailers take up a lot more space than pickups and 16' flatdecks.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I think if you pulled in to any track in the country or any drag strip in the world with that truck or a truck like it in any condition you would have a large crowd around it. I dont care if you have a 2 million dollar car on it, no one would even notice the car. But I get your point.
x100

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You know, those trucks are bad-ass cool....but. A 500 mile haul in that will feel like 1000 in a $25k motorhome pulling a 24 ft. enclosed. Plus, you still have to hotel it at the track. It's just our age showing that we like the damned things.

Nice try. But, .. if you really were old, you would have said Motor Lodge instead of Hotel...

j/k

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
they can keep the car.......I would love to have that truck and do a modern diesel swap
i agree... ^^^

some said its a rough ride... when i was a kid i rode in a same cab chassis as this dodge A500. but it was a flatbed.. on the ride out empty it was rough . but on the ride back loaded with cinderblocks, dirt.. or rail road ties. .. it rode like a Cadillac. so as long as you had your car and tools id bet it rides fine..

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i agree... ^^^

some said its a rough ride... when i was a kid i rode in a same cab chassis as this dodge A500. but it was a flatbed.. on the ride out empty it was rough . but on the ride back loaded with cinderblocks, dirt.. or rail road ties. .. it rode like a Cadillac. so as long as you had your car and tools id bet it rides fine..
Hell, if a guy was serious, he'd do a really nice resto-mod on a good sized 70's tag-along RV and drag it along behind.

2661 - 2680 of 2830 Posts